The Bergan Turbo Scratcher is one of the better cat scratch toys that we have ever come across. It is a simple design. It is a plastic circular base and has a ball that rolls around on the outer edge. A round piece of corrugated cardboard is located on the inside area of the track. The Turbo Scratcher has been out since the early 1980s and there is good reason for its longevity on the pet product market.
The design of the product allows the cat to play with it by either being on the outside of the product or standing on the cardboard scratching pad.
The product is popular with both kittens and cats, cats of various ages. You can either start the ball rolling by flicking it with your fingers or the cat will do so, if she or he has played with it before. When the ball is hit, it flies around the track, sparking the cat’s interest to make it move again. The sound is also encouraging for them.
The little baggie of catnip that comes with it can be used sparingly and then re-sprinkled again weeks later, in order to freshen up the catnip odor of the toy and the scratching area. Eventually, you will run out of catnip, but you can always pick up another baggie of it at the store to have your cardboard pad attractive to your kitty.
The corrugated cardboard center is replaceable, but before you replace it be sure to turn it over and use the other side to get the most out of each pad.
More Like This
The most important thing is that it has the potential to keep the cats off your furniture and on the Turbo Scratcher for their scratching needs.
Pros about this product:
- Offers hours of playful activity
- Encourages exercise with mental stimulation
- Helps reduce furniture scratching
- Catnip Sprinkled on Scratch Pad encourages cat to scratch
- Catnip and Ball Included
- Scratch Pad is replaceable
Cons about this product:
- Bergan has made a Star Chaser product, which is the same design as the Turbo Scratcher but comes with a ball that has a red light in it, so in other words the Turbo Scratcher is the first model and the deluxe model is the Star Chaser product—You can always buy a replacement ball for the Star Chaser and put it in your Turbo Scratcher
- Turbo Scratcher does not stay very stationary when it is on a slick surface like hardwood or tile floors. You can always put a non-skid sticky surface on the back or move it to a carpeted surface
- Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 16 x 16.2 inches
- Weight: 1.2 pounds
Videos of 3-month old Charlie Playing with the Bergan Turbo Scratcher:
Follow Bergan Pet Products: