Last Updated on November 28, 2021 by Jenny
PawNosh Cubby Deluxe Glass Pet Food and Water Bowl Review
If you follow us on Facebook and YouTube, then you know how much I just adore the PawNosh glass pet bowls. They are a thing of beauty. We reviewed the PawNosh Cubby Bowl last year and were sent the Deluxe (the bigger version of their original Cubby bowl) at the end of last year to review. I was waiting on an opportunity to film my parents’ German Shepherd, Napa, with the bowl, so this review took a little longer to appear on the site than I had originally intended.
PawNosh bowls arrive GORGEOUSLY packaged. Please see the arrival video posted below to see what I mean – for this reason alone, it is an idea cat lover gift or a dog lover gift. It’s absolutely lovely how it comes to you.
They are a heavy pet bowl! A good chunk of recycled glass and non-toxic. The bowls are named after their gorgeous kitty, Cubby. How adorable is that?
Stolen from PawNosh’s website: “Why glass? Glass is an aggressively vetted and trusted material for overall health and for the environment. It is comprised of natural minerals and is chemically inert, non-leaching and non-toxic. The FDA qualifies glass as the only food and beverage packaging material generally regarded as safe for use by humans. This ‘GRAS’ classification allows glass to be used for food and beverage applications without toxicity testing. No other material has garnered this approval. It is very difficult-if not impossible-to know what leaching toxins may be present in the items we use for our pets every day. Using glass pet bowls in your home creates one stopgap you can consciously control.”
PawNosh Bowls currently come in three different colors:
Here are some more great things about this bowl for cats:
- Made form non-toxic glass
- Made from post-consumer recycled glass, sourced in California – these include Snapple bottles, jam jars, spaghetti sauce jars, etc that would otherwise be retired to landfill. The glass they use is actually clear. The Aqua color comes from organic minerals (leadfree and non toxic) that are added in the remelting process. Each PawNosh Cubby bowl recycles about six 8 oz glass containers.
- Made by hand using cast-iron pressing molds
- Lifetime warranty against breakage – Durable
- Handmade in the USA.
- Safe and sustainable solution
- A serial number is and etched on bottom rim of bowl; every PawNosh bowl includes corresponding certificate of authenticity
- Ergonomic handles, so you can easily pick up and handle bowl
- Glass bowls prevent cat zits
- It’s heavy – your cat or dog isn’t gonna be able to move this sucker.
- No hard water stains – many readers have reported they prefer glass over metal for water dishes especially because there are no hard water stains.
I love that PawNosh supports US glass makers.
PawNosh makes the Cubby Bowl for dogs and cats that weigh 25 lbs or less and the Deluxe is made for dogs and cats that weigh more than 25 lbs. However, that doesn’t mean that you can’t use the Deluxe one on smaller kitties. As the photo below shows, Ragdoll cats, Trigg and Charlie, had no issues eating out of the larger one. And many readers have told me that they like the larger one as a water bowl.
PawNosh Cubby Deluxe Bowls measure 7.9 x 7.9 x 3.6 inches and weigh 5.3 pounds. PawNosh bowls are dishwasher safe, but they are not suitable for use in a microwave, oven or freezer.
PawNosh Cubby Deluxe vs. PawNosh Cubby
Here is a comparison video of the two sizes:
Buy PawNosh Bowls
You can buy the PawNosh bowls from their website or from The Cat Connection or from Amazon. If you buy them from PawNosh, you can use PawNosh Coupon Code: FLOPPY10 to receive 10% discount on all purchases.
PawNosh Cubby Deluxe Glass Pet Food and Water Bowl Videos
Here is our arrival video of the PawNosh Cubby Deluxe Glass Pet Food and Water Bowl
Final review video:
Do you have a PawNosh bowl? How do you like it? How does your kitty or pup like it?
We received the PawNosh Cubby Deluxe Glass Cat Bowl for review from the manufacturer. Receiving the free product did not influence this post.