Post Published on February 25, 2014 | Last Updated on July 8, 2021 by Jenny
I instantly fell in love and reached out to PawNosh for a bowl in November 2013. They kindly declined. I kindly decided I wouldn’t give up because I can usually tell from a photo whether or not I will like a product…so I reached out again in February 2014…and well, this time they said, YES! And I am so excited about this glass cat bowl that I wanted to get it on the site, even though we’ve had it just 2 weeks.
It is stunningly gorgeous. I am just in awe of it’s beauty. I’ve mostly had it on my counter because it’s so pretty – but the cats have also eaten out of it several times (see final review video to see what I mean). It has also spent some time in the dishwasher.
But, let me first back up a bit. The bowl arrives GORGEOUSLY packaged. Please see the arrival video below to see what I mean – for this reason alone, it is an idea cat lover gift. It’s absolutely lovely how it comes to you.
Here are some more great things about this bowl for cats:
- Made form non-toxic glass
- Made from post-consumer recycled glass, sourced in California – these include Snapple bottles, jam jars, spaghetti sauce jars, etc that would otherwise be retired to landfill. The glass they use is actually clear. The Aqua color comes from organic minerals (leadfree and non toxic) that are added in the remelting process. Each PawNosh Cubby bowl recycles about six 8 oz glass containers.
- Made by hand using cast-iron pressing molds
- Lifetime warranty against breakage – Durable
- Handmade in the USA.
- Safe and sustainable solution
- A serial number is and etched on bottom rim of bowl; every PawNosh bowl includes corresponding certificate of authenticity
- Ergonomic back handle, so you can easily pick up and handle bowl
- Glass bowls prevent cat zits
- It’s heavy – your cat isn’t gonna be able to move this sucker.
I love that PawNosh wants to support US glass makers.
- Total diameter: 5.8 in.
- Total height: 3.125 in.
- Area available for food or water: 4.8 in.
- Area available for food or water: 2.125 in.
- Available cubic volume: 15 fl. oz.
- Total weight: 3.1 lbs.
- Designed for use by 1 to 2 cats or 1 dog up to 25 lbs.
When I first posted about the bowl on Facebook – some were concerned about their cats’ whiskers being an issue. I have never encountered this problem with my cats, but I think you can see in the final review video below that their whiskers have plenty of room.
They do make a larger version called The Cubby Deluxe. The Cubby Deluxe holds about 3 times the capacity of the Cubby. The Cubby holds about 15 fl oz and the Cubby Deluxe holds about 44 fl oz.
PawNosh Cubby Glass Pet Bowl Arrival Video (see how it’s packaged):
PawNosh Cubby Glass Pet Bowl Final Review Video:
Buy PawNosh Cubby Glass Pet Bowl
- Buy the PawNosh Cubby Glass Cat Food and Water Bowl on Amazon for $55
- Buy the bowl on PawNosh’s website and save 10% when you use promo code, FLOPPY10
- Buy it on The Cat Connection for $54.99
We received the PawNosh Cubby Glass Cat Bowl for review from the manufacturer. Receiving the free product did not influence this post.