When you go out of town, do you leave your cats at home and have someone check on them, or do you board them?
What do you put on your cat sitter list? Recently, my aunt asked me to watch Hobbs and Maddie, which inspired a post. I also include my cell phone number on this list, but I haven't included it in this post for obvious reasons! I find it easiest to keep this document on my computer and then adjust and add to it as necessary. I hope you guys give me some more ideas about what to add to it! I did find an article on About.com that includes a checklist.
Charlie and Trigg
KC Cat Clinic – Dr. Gloor
7107 Main St
Kansas City, MO 64114
5914 Johnson Drive
Mission, KS 66202
- Please open the front window blinds – open one on the right (South side) and pull up past cat tree height so that Charlie and Trigg can see out.
- 3-4 cans of wet food a day – vary the flavors – please don't give the same taste twice in one day.
- I feed them when they're hungry
- 3-4 treats each in the afternoon every day – I make a big deal about it and call them "cheats."
- Treats are kept in the fridge downstairs and upstairs. WARNING! Charlie knows this and will run down the stairs meowing at the refrigerator to remind you. Whole Life Pet makes treats.
- I also give them a nice helping of TunaTreats (on top of the fridge) once a day.
- Please scoop litter boxes 2x day
- Two in the basement under the stairs
- One in Master Bath – just put waste in the trash cans next to the boxes - Monday is trash day, so I would love it if you could take out the trash on Sunday night.
- Please check the mail daily and look outside to see if there are any packages.
- I don't want you to have to take them outside – although Charlie will ask and be sure to watch the doors – Charlie will jet out if given the opportunity – especially into the garage when you are coming into the house. So I guide him out of the way with my foot if necessary.
- Instead of taking them outside, if you could play with them with a wand toy of some variety, that would help them stay peaceful.
I want to hear what's on your list! Dish!