Dust Free Cat LitterOne goal of any cat owner is to reduce or eliminate the amount of dust created by filling and cleaning out cat litter trays. Achieving this is a matter of not only finding the right kind of litter, but also finding a scoop that sifts litter quickly and effectively. If you’re looking to try a new litter or a new scooper, check out a few different products below reviewed by users on Amazon.
Dust Free LitterHere are a few different types of unscented cat litter recommended by users as low dust options:
- Precious Cat. This clay-based litter is consistently cited in reviews as being dust free and naturally controlling odors. The clay formula clumps after use for easy clean up with little to no dust released into the air. One potential drawback of this litter brand is the clay litter debate, which has raised the question of whether clay litter is safe for cats given that they might ingest small amounts of it.
- World’s Best Cat Litter. This brand is a natural litter made of whole kernel corn. Reviewers with allergies found that this litter produced minimal dust and clumped effectively, with very little tracking. There is some debate about the effectiveness of the odor reducer, but on the whole reviewers were pleased with the environmental friendliness and health safety of this litter.
- Swheat Scoop. For another non-clay option, many reviewers suggest Swheat Scoop as an odor free, minimal dust and environmentally friendly option that also clumps fairly well. However, while some reviewers have nothing but good things to say about the longevity and effectiveness of this wheat-based brand, there have been a few complaints about bugs found in unopened bags of litter.
- Arm & Hammer Essentials Natural Clumping Litter. This litter is made from natural corn fibers, and many cat owners have found that it lasts a long time, covers odor nicely, and is a good dust free option. However, there is some debate regarding the clumping efficacy of this product, as well as whether or not the odor control is 100% natural or contains artificial scents.
Dust Reducing ScoopsWhile shopping for dust free litter is important, getting the right kind of scoop can also go a long way in reducing dust problems while cleaning the cat litter tray.
- Litter-Lifter Scoop. This scoop sifts liter quickly, picking up only waste, which reduces the amount of dust released while cleaning. It also sifts while you scoop, so there is no need to shake the scooper, which would release dust.
- It’s THE Scoop. Users have found this scoop to be quick and effective, with only a few scoops required to clean the box, and many pet owners prefer the metal scoop to a plastic one for durability reasons.
- E-mailing the manufacturer and ask them to send you coupons.
- Looking on coupons.com.
- Checking for coupons in the coupon inserts that come in Sunday newspapers.
Hi, I’m Jenny Dean, creator of Floppycats! Ever since my Aunt got the first Ragdoll cat in our family, I have loved the breed. Inspired by my childhood Ragdoll cat, Rags, I created Floppycats to connect, share and inspire other Ragdoll cat lovers around the world,