“Thank you for stopping by Floppycats. I’m Jenny Dean, and I am pictured here with my two Ragdoll cats, Charlie and Trigg. I met my first Ragdoll when I was 3 years old. Then for Christmas 1989, my parents gifted my brothers and me, two Ragdoll kittens – Rags and Cosby. Rags, who lived 19 years, is the reason why I started Floppycats in 2008.”
Floppycats.com Advertising/Affiliate Disclosure
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by Jenny Dean. For questions about this blog, please contact me.
The purpose of Floppycats.com is to unite Ragdoll cat lovers worldwide through community building, reviews, sharing stories and more. It does take time to create all this content, so I do accept paid advertising, sponsorships, affiliate programs and other forms of compensation.
The Federal Trade Commission has rules for Disclosure Compliance for online media. These rules are set in place to ensure that readers or viewers of web media (blogs, YouTube videos, etc.) know if the blogger/presenter is sponsored, endorsed or partnered with a different company. In blog terms, the readers need to know if the blogger is making money by sharing a link, product, or service. As Floppycats.com has grown, so have costs associated with running and maintaining it. Listed below are several ways I offset those costs.
In compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume the following about links and posts on this site:
- Any/all of the links on floppycats.com are affiliate links. This means that if you click on the link and buy certain items, I will receive a small commission. But the price isn’t any more because it’s an affiliate link – it just means I will receive a small commission for referring you to their site. Thank you for your support.
- If I post an affiliate link to a product, it is something that I personally use, support and/or would suggest, regardless of the affiliate link.
- I sometimes review items that are sent to me for free. All of my opinions regarding them are my own. I only choose to support products that are in alignment with my integrity, values and ideals and that I believe would be of value to my readers.
- If a post is sponsored by a company, I will disclose that within the post. I am very selective about what I share, and that holds true for sponsored posts. If it’s not something I would use with my cats, I won’t support it on the site.
- I run network ads and Adsense, both of which I have some blocking control, but only if I know an ad that doesn’t fit with Floppycats.com. Please let me know if you see some weird ad.
- When I run a giveaway, I usually have received a free product to review, and the company has sponsored a free product to give to one of our readers. Giveaways can be paid, affiliate advertising or simply donated free product.
- Product reviews are always of my own opinion, and the company in question does not edit or approve it in any way. Sometimes I am compensated for my time to review the product as well as given a free sample of the product to use for the review. I do accept paid reviews since they take over 20 hours of my time. Regardless, my integrity is all I have at the end of the day, so I will never post a fake or bogus review.
- Some of my advertising campaigns for companies include a certain number of tweets, Instagram posts, newsletter mentions, Facebook posts, Pinterest posts, Google+ posts about the company. However, I always attempt to make those interesting, authentic content for readers at the same time.
- AMAZON DISCLOSURE: I participate in the Amazon Services, LLC. Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to: amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS DISCLAIMER
This site is for educational purposes only. It does not provide medical advice. Information found on the Floppycats.com site is meant to motivate you to make your own cat’s health care and dietary decisions based upon your own research and in partnership with your veterinarian.
The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional veterinary advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your veterinarian or other qualified cat health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional veterinary advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this site. Reliance on any information provided by Floppycats.com, others appearing on this site at the invitation of Floppycats.com, or other visitors to this site is solely at your own risk.
By using this site you agree to these terms.
Terms subject to change at any time.