Cat toy springs are probably the simplest toys for cats available on the market. They are exactly what you would expect them to be – colorful plastic springs that your cat will love playing with. At first glance, any cat owner would wonder why a cat would want to play with that. Much to their surprise, these are some of the most irresistible cat toys out there. This simple toy will keep your cat entertained for hours and here is why.
The Main Features of Cat Spring Toys
These colorful bundles will engage your cat and keep it hooked for a very long time. Springs may not seem to be particularly special, but here are a few features that you never realized they had and that your cat will love:
- They are lightweight – your cat is going to love running after this seemingly weightless toy and it will not stop until it is caught…or lost. Keep in mind that cat toy springs get lost all over the house. This is why they usually come in packs of 6 or 10. As an added advantage, if you happen to step on your cat’s hidden treasures, it won’t hurt a bit, so don’t worry about that.
- They can be picked up in a lot of directions – your cat can pick up the spring toys with its claws or with its teeth. With the filing of a paw, it can throw it all the way across the room, which will then make your cat run after it and get some exercise in the process. Your cat will also carry the spring around the house in its mouth because it will be the pray that it will flaunt.
- They are colorful – cats are attracted to colorful objects, and these cat springs come in bright intense shades of yellow, blue, red, and green. Prepare to find out which color catches your cat’s eye. The first one lost is probably the one they prefer out of all the options. So, stack up on cat springs because you’re going to need spares.
Why You Should Consider Getting Your Cat Toy Springs
These simple cat toys are quite inexpensive and trying them out will be a very simple experiment. However, they are incredibly popular with cats of all ages because they are so easy to relate to. Here are a few of the advantages of cat toy springs that may surprise you:
- They will help your cat exercise – since cat springs are made of plastic and they are extremely light. They can be flicked, thrown, or bounced and they will go a long way every single time. This will make your cat jump, run, and slide after it for hours. At the end of the day, your cat will get the exercise it needs.
- They are great for play sessions with your cat – While cats can manipulate the cat toy springs in a lot of ways, there are things that only you can do with them, such as bounce them all the way. Your cat will be fascinated by this because you will reveal a brand new feature of a toy that it already loves. This is guaranteed to keep it entertained and engaged.
- They are great for individual playtime – Your cat will love playing with you and the spring, but don’t expect it to wait for you every time. It will play with it all on its own because it is a different experience when it interacts with the spring individually. It is similar to interacting with small pray, such as mice or small birds.
- They will keep your cat intrigued – It is very important to keep your cat engaged and to challenge its intelligence. A spring toy will keep it on its paws for hours. When it finally loses the spring under a sofa or a cupboard, it will try its best to get it back, which is another activity altogether.
- You can easily replace them – Prepare to have cat springs under your sofas, armchairs, and behind your furniture. Before you move it and get it out, you can always buy out more cat springs because they are cheap to replace. Remember what color spring your cat prefers and get him his favorites.
Now that you know why trying out cat toy springs is certainly worth it, here are the best options you have available. Take a look at the best cat toy springs out there to get an idea of what to buy for your cat!
Traditional Spring Cat Toys
These are the best traditional cat spring toys. What makes them traditional is their spring-like shape and the plastic material they are made from. Here are your top choices:
With this one, you get 10 springs of various colors that your cat will love chasing. If you happen to lose one, you are always going to have plenty to replace it with. Since you are going to have several color options, you can see which one your cat will be attracted to the most and you can get it more springs of that color the next time.
Each of these springs is 4 inches by 2 inches and they are made from high-quality plastic material that will make them bounce easily. If you want to try the classic cat spring toy, this is the one for you.
This is the new and improved version of the classic cat toy spring. The Catty Coil Spring Action Cat Toy is a spring with a velvety exterior and a lot of bounce. They are larger than the Ethical Colorful Springs, as they are 7.6 inches long. With more spring to play with, your cat will love these velvety soft springs.
The soft velvet material they have on the outside changes the dynamics of the interaction a bit. These coils are sturdier to grab onto, but they will not slide quite as easily as the simple plastic ones. It will also make it much more attractive for the cats to chew on it, which makes the Catty Coil Spring a must have for any cat owner out there.
They come in packs of two and in two different colors. Since these are larger than the Ethical Colorful Springs, they will also be more difficult to hide under sofas and furniture so two of these may be enough at least in the beginning.
There are some attractive alternatives to the traditional cat toy spring model. They are based on the classic model, but they have at least one feature enhanced, improved, or optimized to make the playtime between you and your pet fun, exciting, and excellent exercise.
The first non-traditional cat spring toy on our list is the 100% Felt Cat Curled Toy from iPrimo Cat Toys. This is a supersized version of the traditional spring that has an extra-soft exterior made out of organic wool. This one is ideal for the upcoming play sessions with your cat because you can coil it and uncoil it to reveal all the new faces of this amazing toy.
It is almost 11 inches long when coiled and it can get all the way up to 23 inches when it is uncoiled. There is a lot of pulling you can do when your cat grabs on to it, which is going to make your playtime extremely fun and interactive. Given its length, this toy is fit for small cats and large cats alike, which makes it a great choice for any cat-owner out there.
The exterior is made out of 100% solid felt handmade organic wool and this iPrimo cat toy has a very generous wool coating on its entire length. The edges of the toy are not sharp to guarantee that your cat will not be hurt when playing with it.
The Felt Cat Curled Toy comes in packs of two so you will have a spare in case your cat manages to lose it around the house. While these are not so easy to hide behind sofas or furniture, any cat owner knows that you should never underestimate a cat’s talent to hide things.
This cat toy from JW Pet has taken the spring model to make an excellent toy that your cat can play with on its own. It has a top section that can be attached to a doorknob to keep it fixed. Tied to it a spring that has a feathered mouse at the end.
This was one of the first cat products we reviewed and it now has a different name – used to be the Cataction Catapult Toy and Trigg has always loved it. We still have it – hangs on a door in my guest bedroom and sometimes he still bats it around.
This is going to keep your cat going for hours because it can catch the mouse, but once it lets it go, it will bounce away and catch its attention once again, every single time. This is a simple toy that will keep your cat entertained for hours.
It is an excellent choice for cat owners who are not at home with their cats during the day. Having a toy like this in the house will make all the difference for the cat because it can entertain itself with it. This will make a difference in your cat’s mental state. Always make sure to give it a challenge and keep it engaged.
You can remove the cat spring toy from the doorknob when you get home so that the cat is excited to see it when you put it back. While the principle is simple, this cat toy is extremely efficient and your cat will love playing with it.
If your cat loves playing with strings, then this cat toy is going to become its favorite. Do you ever get tired of throwing the string back and forth for your cat? Of course you do, because cats can go on for hours when it comes to strings. Thanks to this award-winning toy from
MOODY PET, your string-flinging days are over!
Why? Because it can fling the string for you! That’s right! The words that every cat owner wanted to hear! This is how it works – a long string is sewn to an elastic conveyor belt-like piece, which rotates and brings the string out and then back in. This will keep your cat entertained for hours.
The battery-operated toy has two speeds so you can set it up to your cat’s preferences. Catching the string will not be easy, but your cat will manage to do it in the end. When the string is caught, it will automatically begin to rotate again after your cat releases it!
This is a 2 in 1 cat toy that your cat is bound to love. The bottom part is a ball maze that your cat can control. It comes with a crystal bell ball that will make a low sound when moved. Your cat can roll the ball in the maze, which will keep it entertained for hours. With this toy from Hollypet, you can choose between a fish-shaped base and a triangle base.
Attached from this is a steady spring that has colorful feathers at the top, which your cat will love to chase. It can pull on the feathers, which will make the spring coil up, but once it lets go of the feathers, it will immediately throw them on the other side. This will make it an instant challenge and it will direct your cat to the other side. Having both the spring and the ball maze make this toy an instant favorite for your cat.
As you can see, there are some amazing cat toy springs to choose from. Which one do you prefer? No matter which of these you’re going to go with, your cat is in for a treat and for quite the exciting day!