Cats are drawn to a wide variety of smells and they might be tempted to lick, chew, or even ingest the wax, melted or not. This should be a cause for concern for cat owners because this could be potentially dangerous for the cat.
For instance, here are some oils that are often used in wax melts, which are toxic for cats:
– wintergreen oil – citrus oil – pine oil – Ylang Ylang oil – peppermint oil
Keep in mind that Scentsy products are not meant to be ingested. They are not toxic as long as they are not ingested. If this happens, a new set of risks arises because they do include concentrated substances.
When the wax melts are warmed, they release volatile oils, which provide a pleasant scent in your home. While these are not toxic to humans, their toxicity to pets may be more difficult to assess.
If used correctly and safely, and if your cat is not sensitive to volatile oils, then no, Scentsy is not toxic to pets, but it does have the potential to be. So, you need to make sure that you are using Scentsy safely in your home.
1. Your cat does not ingest the wax melts. 2. Your cat is not close to the wax melt warmer. 3. Ask your veterinarian about your cat’s sensitivity to volatile oil.