Dangers of Snowglobes and Cats: Snow Globes Contain Anti-Freeze

This is the story of Charlie. We adopted him in May 2006 during an All Pet Adopt-A-Thon I founded and organized in Jacksonville, Florida. He was about 4 months old and had a beautiful coat, fabulous eyes, and a face you couldn't resist! I knew he had to be mine.

He shared his home with his brothers and sisters and had a great time. He was growing and developing into a magnificent animal. 

Jim, my husband, had cleaned up the mess and dried Charlie off. I work retail, so I got home after 6:00 p.m. that evening and noticed Charlie behaving strangely. His big fluffy tail was down, and he seemed not to be feeling well. 

Charlie had anti-freeze poisoning!  Just a tiny amount left on his fur was enough to do the damage even after my husband had dried him off. The poison was destroying his kidneys.  

By this time, 7 hours had passed since the accident, and Charlie's time was running out. After what seemed to be an eternity, Charlie was tested for anti-freeze poison. The results were positive; unfortunately, too much time had passed, and his kidneys had started to crystallize. I was devastated and asked them to treat him with the possibility he could be saved. 

On December 27, 2006, at 3:20 p.m., just three days after the accident, our precious baby passed away…He was only 10 months old. 

It's hard to put into detail, I'm crying as I type.  Please print what you can.  I hope Charlie's story will make a difference in someone's life.  

Dangers of Snowglobes and Cats: Snow Globes Contain Anti-Freeze SWIPE UP TO READ THE FULL ARTICLE