I am excited that we just received Petropics Tiki Cat Food for product testing reviews. I saw their gourmet cat food at the Brookside Barkery here in town and wanted to give it a try. I am not keen on giving my cats any food or any treats to try anymore, so now I am only asking to try food from manufacturers that I contact first.
They sent us a small can and a big can of the following flavors:
- Koolina Luau – Chicken with Egg in Chicken Consomme
- Hanalei Luau – Wild Salmon in Salmon Consomme
- Hookena Luau – Ahi Tuna and Chicken in Chicken Consomme
- Papeekeo Luau – Ahi Tuna and Mackerel in Tuna Consomme
They do make more flavors than this – their other flavors include:
- Puka Puka Luau – Succulent Chicken in Chicken Consomme
- Napili Luau – Wild Salmon and Chicken in Chiken Consomme
- Manana Grill – Ahi Tuna with Tiger Prawns in Tuna Consomme
- Hana Luau – Ahi Tuna with Crab in Tuna Consomme
- Lanai Luau – Tuna in Crab Surimi Consomme
- Hawaiian Grill – Ahi Tuna
- Waimea Luau – Tuna on Rice with Prawns
- Molokai Luau – Tuna on Rice with Calamari
- Waikiki Luau – Tuna on Rice with Tilapia
- Honolulu Luau – Tuna on Rice with Crab Surimi
- Tahitian Grill – Sardine Cutlets
- Bora Bora Luau – Sardine Cutlets in Lobster Consomme
- Makaha Luau – Mackerel and Sardine in Calamari Consomme
I will be giving their food to Charlie and Trigg (also to Hobbs and Maddie (my aunt’s Ragdoll cats) and Caymus and Murphy (my parents’ Ragdolls cats)) over the next few weeks to see how they like the flavor. Of course, a true product test with food would be to have Charlie and Trigg on the food consistently over a period of time – like a few months and have their blood taken or something and have them looked at by a vet and then have their blood taken again after being on the food for a few months to see if it improved anything. Of course, Charlie and Trigg are so young that nothing might show up, but it might help Caymus and Murphy, for example. I haven’t had a cat food manufacturer offer such a sincerio yet, so we will see if that’s ever an option.
What I like about Tiki Cat and what attracted me to this food:
- All their cat food is manufacturerd in a human food-grade factory
- They use only fresh, food-grade raw materials
- They use only whole food ingredients
- They are low magnesium, low phosphate, low sodium and low carb
Here is a video I shot of Charlie and Trigg trying the Koolina Luau – Chicken with Egg in Chicken Consomme for the first time.
Thank you for Petropics for sending us their Tiki Cat to try out!
More Like This
Bringing Home A Ragdoll Kitten or Cat? Check out our Ragdoll Cat Guide!
Visit our blog regularly for more exciting cat product reviews and info on Ragdoll Cats.