When we contacted CitiKitty because we wanted to test out their cat toilet training system. They offered to send us one, but also asked if we wanted to try out TunaTreats as well! I was actually very excited about them because Premium Bonito Flakes were about the only thing Rags, my 19.5 year old Ragdoll cat that died in March 2009, would eat when he was going through chemo.
Of course, Caymus and Murphy also had the pleasure of eating them too because they were around when Rags was living at my parents’ home and going through chemo.
Caymus and Murphy when they first tried TunaTreats thought the texture was strange so it was a little hard for them to eat them at first.
Why I love TunaTreats for Charlie and Trigg:
- They’re great to put on top of their cat food – especially if I am trying to get them to eat something they don’t particularly like – the TunaTreats help them want to eat it!
- They’re high in protein
- They’re smell is potent, so cats are attracted to them – especially older cats that have a hard time smelling. Cats rely on their sniffer when they are deciding to eat – so the more potent the smell, the better.
- There are no additives or fillers or chemicals
- No need to refrigerate them!
- The Flakes are 100% Bonito
Not for Charlie or Trigger man, though! They dug right in! Check out this video I took of their first experience with TunaTreats:
I love these TunaTreats so much that we are going to be ordering them to have around all the time. Charlie and Trigg just loved them!
Have your kitties tried Bonito Tuna Flakes? How did they like them?