Last Updated on July 8, 2021 by Jenny
All products featured on the site are independently selected by the editor of Floppycats, Jenny Dean. However, when you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission. Floppycats also accepts private sponsorships and participates as an affiliate in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. You can read our full disclosure at the bottom of the page.
Shark Apex DuocleanMan, was I excited when I got an email asking if we had any interest in reviewing the Shark APEX DuoClean Zero-M Powered Lift-Away Upright Vacuum. After years of hearing how great Sharks were, I was excited to finally review one. Thanks to reader contributions to the following blog posts:
- Best Vacuums for Ragdoll Cat Hair According to Ragdoll Cat Owners
- Best Vacuum for Long-Haired Cat Hair: According to Ragdoll Cat Owners
Unboxing Video:The Shark APEX DuoClean Zero-M Powered Lift-Away Upright Vacuum is heavier than my Oreck – by itself my Oreck weighs 8 lbs, whereas the Shark weighs 16 lbs., and of course, both weigh more as you pick up more debris and hair. However, over time, I got used to the heavier Shark and appreciated the greater arm work out. This Shark vacuum has three special functions:
- DuoClean® – which is a dual brushroll system that deep cleans carpets and delivers a polished look on hard floors.
- Zero-M™ – a technology that actively removes hair wrap from the brushroll so you don’t have to.
- Powered Lift-Away® – offers 3 ways to clean – upright mode for powerful floor and carpet cleaning, remove the canister and extend your reach with a motorized cleaner head brush or the above-floor mode which allows for heightened portability to clean above the floor.
Things I love about this Shark vacuum:
- LOVE the light on the front of the Shark. It shows cat hair between things like my oven and my cabinets.
- It gets under my cabinets in my kitchen unlike my Oreck.
- Love the ability to release the canister from the wand.
- How it gets litter scatter in one pass – I don’t have to do multiple passes to get it – as you can see in the review video below. And that the litter scatter doesn’t spit out in different directions as I vacuum.
- So far, after 5 weeks of vacuuming there is no hair wrap (except for on the motorized pet brush accessory – which I show in the review video below)
- It maneuvers really easily on tile, hardwoods and carpets while maintaining powerful suction.
Product Review Video:
AccessoriesI am not used to an upright vacuum having accessories. I am not sure which accessories come standard, as I think we got a few extras including:
- Anti-Allergen Dust Brush
- 12″ Crevice Tool
- Shark Motorized Pet Tool
- Upholstery Tool
Buy on Amazon
We received the Shark Apex vacuum for review from the manufacturer. Receiving the free product and the review fee did not influence this honest post. Check out our other cat product reviews.