Man, was I excited when I got an email asking if we had any interest in reviewing the Shark APEX DuoClean Zero-M Powered Lift-Away Upright Vacuum. After years of hearing how great Sharks were, I was excited to finally review one.
Thanks to reader contributions to the following blog posts:
- Best Vacuums for Ragdoll Cat Hair According to Ragdoll Cat Owners
- Best Vacuum for Long-Haired Cat Hair: According to Ragdoll Cat Owners
I learned how great Shark vacuums are.
As you can see in our unboxing video below, it was fairly simple to put together and each piece snaps into place, so you know it’s firmly attached, which is nice.
The Shark APEX DuoClean Zero-M Powered Lift-Away Upright Vacuum is heavier than my Oreck – by itself my Oreck weighs 8 lbs, whereas the Shark weighs 16 lbs., and of course, both weigh more as you pick up more debris and hair. However, over time, I got used to the heavier Shark and appreciated the greater arm work out.
This Shark vacuum has three special functions:
- DuoClean® – which is a dual brushroll system that deep cleans carpets and delivers a polished look on hard floors.
- Zero-M™ – a technology that actively removes hair wrap from the brushroll so you don’t have to.
- Powered Lift-Away® – offers 3 ways to clean – upright mode for powerful floor and carpet cleaning, remove the canister and extend your reach with a motorized cleaner head brush or the above-floor mode which allows for heightened portability to clean above the floor.
Things I love about this Shark vacuum:
- LOVE the light on the front of the Shark. It shows cat hair between things like my oven and my cabinets.
- It gets under my cabinets in my kitchen unlike my Oreck.
- Love the ability to release the canister from the wand.
- How it gets litter scatter in one pass – I don’t have to do multiple passes to get it – as you can see in the review video below. And that the litter scatter doesn’t spit out in different directions as I vacuum.
- So far, after 5 weeks of vacuuming there is no hair wrap (except for on the motorized pet brush accessory – which I show in the review video below)
- It maneuvers really easily on tile, hardwoods and carpets while maintaining powerful suction.
The waste canister is super easy to remove and empty, as I show in the review video.
Although it has Advanced Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology + HEPA filter, it is still a bagless vacuum, so when you empty it dust and allergens can fly anywhere. So those with severe allergies might not like this one.
That’s probably my biggest problem with it – that it’s bagless. I wish it had bags. I learned long ago the importance of a bagged vacuum, especially if you ever get fleas in your house.
It has noise reduction technology – which means that it is tuned to reduce noise and soften pitch – you can hear in the videos how loud it is.
Height and Weight
11.2” L X 12.2” W X 46” H | 16lbs
Product Review Video:
I am not used to an upright vacuum having accessories. I am not sure which accessories come standard, as I think we got a few extras including:
- Anti-Allergen Dust Brush
- 12″ Crevice Tool
- Shark Motorized Pet Tool
- Upholstery Tool
I used the Shark Motorized Pet Tool and the nozzle the most. Many praised the Shark Motorized Pet Tool on YouTube and it’s nice – but I probably wouldn’t buy it – I would rather just use my Lilly Brush and then maybe the upholstery tool.
The 12″ Crevice Tool was my favorite – as you might have seen in the review video posted above – I LOVED the LED light that lights up when you remove the extension hose to use the accessory tools and the crevice tool was perfect for getting into those hard to reach places.
It has a 90-Day Money Back Guarantee as well as a 5-year VIP Warranty.
I am pumped we got this vacuum to review, as we will be keeping it to continue to use it in our home – it’s a keeper for sure!
Buy on Amazon
We received the Shark Apex vacuum for review from the manufacturer. Receiving the free product and the review fee did not influence this honest post.