Floppycats.com was asked to try out RedMoon Custom PetFood. Although I am not a huge fan of dry food because of the by-products and what not, I do see it’s purpose and understand that it is needed. So I am willing to support any dry food that is grain, gluten, wheat, corn, rice and soy free.
Besides, the Charlie monster totally LOVES dry food (maybe because he doesn’t get it very much). So when we were asked to review a sample of the food, I decided to go for it.
The food hasn’t arrived yet, but OH MY GOSH! The website is SOOO cool. Even if you aren’t going to order food – you’ve gotta check out their website. First, though, let me explain what RedMoon Custom PetFood is.
RedMoon Pet Food makes a new generation of pet foods that allow pet owners to custom design the right formula for their pet and have it delivered to their door! How convenient and wonderful is that?
All RedMoon recipes, these are grain, gluten, wheat, corn, rice and soy free.
How RedMoon’s Website Works:
1. Log onto www.redmoonpetfood.com – choose “Cat Food” or “Dog Food” – we chose “Cat Food” – duh.
2. Use the pet food creator to select the base formula, energy level, kibble size and supplements ideal for your dog or cat. Charlie is getting the Salmon Formula because his momma wants him to get Omega 3.
3. Name your unique blend – CHARLIE FEAST!!
4. Order your custom pet food creation. Oh and enter “floppycats” to receive 5% off!
5. Have it delivered to your door.
Best of all – it was SOOO easy! I really wish this would have been around when Rags was alive because of the kidney/liver supplement that you can add. Rags loved dry food too, so it would have been perfect!
What’s even more beautiful? Once you have an account with them, you can:
- Reorder mixes in seconds
- Save your favorite mixes
- View your purchase history
Here are their base formulas for cats:
Chicken & Turkey Feast – Chicken and turkey protein with no grains, no fruits, no vegetables. The formula is grain free, gluten free, soy free, rice free and wheat and corn free.
Salmon Feast – Fish protein with no grains, no fruits, no vegetables. The formula is grain free, gluten free, soy free, rice free and wheat and corn free.
- 2.5 lb. – $8.99 US ($4.50/lb.) – remember enter “floppycats” to receive 5% off!
- 7 lb. – $29.69 US ($4.24/lb.) – 6% savings from the 2.5 lb. – remember enter “floppycats” to receive 5% off!
- 27 lb. – $77.39 US ($2.87/lb.) – 56% savings from the 2.5 lb. – remember enter “floppycats” to receive 5% off!
- Once you’re signed up, RedMoon will also be emailing promotional offers periodically for dollars off etc. In the future customers will be able to upload photos of their pet so they can have the photos printed on their bags and a whole bunch more!!
I hope RedMoon Pet Food comes out with a wet food line!
About RedMoon PetFood Fresh, Inc.
RedMoon gets its name from the two full autumn moons that show a red color – the Harvest Moon and the Blood Moon (aka Hunter’s Moon). The significance of these moons is that when they are present in the fall, there is about an extra 30 minutes of light for farmers to finish their harvesting and for predators to track their prey. The two moons exemplify RedMoon’s philosophy of using harvest fresh ingredients and fresh meats to produce the best possible nutrition for our customers – dogs and cats.
RedMoon is the world’s only pet food producer that invites pet owners to participate in the process of creating food specific to their pet’s needs, and having each custom blended bag delivered directly to their door. To uphold their commitment to using locally sourced ingredients, RedMoon operates two processing facilities, one in Brainerd, Minnesota and the other in Crossfield, Alberta, Canada. Every bag of RedMoon is traceable with a manufacturing batch code and date.
Each RedMoon base kibble recipe is slow cooked in small batches to preserve more of the essential nutrients pets need to thrive. RedMoon formulas have been developed and tested by a Natural Pet Nutritionist along with a team of PhDs in Animal Science. Plus, every bag of RedMoon is traceable because it’s imprinted with a unique manufacturing batch code and date.