With the right set of recipes baking cat treats can become something that you can do nice for your cat. Looking for the right cat recipes can be a trick. There are many free cat treat recipes on the internet that can be accessed by a “how to make cat treats” Google search. If you are just starting out and want to give an easy homemade cat treat recipe a try, try this great one that is sure to please:
MOIST KITTY CAT MORSELS
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1 small, grated carrot
- 1 tablespoon grated cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoons brewer’s yeast
- 1 teaspoon dried catnip
- 1/2 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium sized bowl, combine the meat, grated carrot, cheese, brewer’s yeast, catnip and breadcrumbs. Mix the egg and tomato paste and mix well. Using your hands, roll the mixture into small meatballs. Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake for about 15 minutes until the meatballs are brown and firm. Cool meatballs completely before storing in an airtight container in the refrigerator. These freeze well. This makes about two dozen. Make meatballs smaller to make more. There are some important things to remember when making and giving homemade cat treats:
* Avoid adding toxic foods – (for example, chocolate and avocado are two toxic foods).
Check out this site for more: Foods Toxic to Cats
* People food should be given in moderation
* Make it simple, cat treats don’t need to be fancy. Cooking up a little something or even simple organic catnip can do the trick. Check your local independent pet store for some great organic catnip. Here are a few to look into. You can also grow your own:
Use treat time as bonding time. It will be great for both you and your cat.