Post Published on February 18, 2010 | Last Updated on June 5, 2017 by Jenny
Are you looking for the best Ragdoll cat names? Look no further. Floppycats.com has great suggestions for Ragdoll kitten names, Ragdoll names and names for Ragdoll cats.
Sometimes choosing a cat name can be a daunting task, especially when it is a feline that will be living with you for some time. Heck, if your kitty lives as long as Rags does, then you will want to be sure to choose an appropriate name for your pet companion.
When considering a Ragdoll cat name, be sure to follow these tips:
Tips When Picking Ragdoll Names
- Front porch test – Every potential pet name must be loudly yelled from the porch before being officially bestowed on any animal.
- Based on the front porch test, pick a name that is easy to say and easy to call
- Pick a name that will grow with your cat. Choosing something like “Puffball” when the kitten is a puffball, will not be applicable when the cat is older.
- Be aware f your cat’s personality. Their behavior and habits might be a great way to pick a name, like “Snuggles” or “Wiggles”
- Pick a name that your Ragdoll can recognize, it has been reported that pets identify best with one or two syllable names
- Be aware that you will most likely shorten or adjust the name.
There are a number of websites that list thousands and thousands of cat names. Some you can even sort by gender and colors, to get a better idea of what you should call them.
Check out this website for more Ragdoll cat names.
Websites for Cat Names
Since Ragdolls are blue eyed in color, you might find it appropriate to choose a blue-colored name like:
- Azul – Spanish for Blue
- Azzuro – Italian for Blue
- Bleu – French for Blue
Alternatively, you can also e-mail us a photo of your kitten and we will post it on our Facebook page like this one – and ask for Ragdoll cat name suggestions from our readers: