Current Ragdoll Breeder Cat Scams Online – on Websites, Facebook, Instagram, and More
BUYER BEWARE: There are a lot of Ragdoll breeder and kitten scams online since scammers know people are looking for the perfect pet for their new family member. We keep a running kitten scammer list 2023 list of the ones we know about below.
IMPORTANT: This is not limited to Ragdoll cats – it’s rampant for all breeds and also for dog breeds!
Please know that new ones are popping up daily. So please email us if you have concerns about a breeder you are considering adopting from after a quick online search. But before doing so, please watch our VERY comprehensive video that will help you determine if the site you’ve found is a scam, and check out our running list to know immediately.
A reader once wrote me and said, “Ordinarily, the work of a pet scammer is intrinsically evil. This is because they trade on the powerful emotion of love & tenderness towards an animal – a pet, a companion. Because of that, I view them at the level of pedophiles, rapists, pederasters and slightly above the status of serial killers.
But because they operate in the wide swells of the internet sewer this sort of detritus is of no interest and not worthy of policing, apprehending, convicting, and jailing- substantial effort/ expenditure of resources for little gain. I view pet scammers, in reality, like I do cockroaches. They are hideous and alarming when you encounter them, BUT as hard as you try to exterminate them, they continue to reappear in your bathroom, garage, etc.
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) post on this topic suggested that up to 90% of all listings submitted from a google search like “ragdolls for sale” are fraudulent – in some way or other. The other fact that surprised me was: the center of Pet scam operations is in Cameroon, West Africa.”
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”ioYkwJyu” upload-date=”2022-04-20T21:17:11.000Z” name=”How to Spot a Kitten Scam Online Ragdoll Kitten Scams” description=”There are so many pet breeder scams online now. Sigh. I put together this video to help you spot a pet breeder scam – especially if you are looking to buy a Ragdoll kitten. This specifically discuses Ragdoll kitten scams, but believe me they do this with puppies and kittens of all breeds. So the information included herein will help you regardless.” player-type=”default” override-embed=”default”]
List of Scam Websites I Know About – Check Out Cat Scams on Facebook Below
Believe me, there are many more than this (and some scammers use legitimate breeders’ names – so be sure to check the website link – as it can be different than the cattery name – they’re getting tricky). Be sure to search this page – use CTRL+F to find if the personal information (email or phone number), website, etc. you are communicating is listed herein. They are getting tricky and will change their website names, but still have the same domain name.
- Adorable Ragdoll Cattery or Ragdoll Kittens for Homes https://ragdollkittensforhomes.com/
- Aila Ragdoll Kittens https://ailaragdollkittens.com/ Asking for Zelle money transfer only, Christina (breeder) 301-245-5217 Transportation company 301-867-7898, After I’ve transferred 650+150 shipping I had to pay another 3500$ via Zelle only security deposit for temperature controlled cage,”Transport Tacticians”.After short conversations both stopped communication.
- Alpha Kittens Village https://alphakittensvillage.com/ email@example.com (414) 622-0031
- AMAIZING RAGDOLL CATTERY or Amazing Ragdoll Cattery https://amazingragdollcattery.com/
- Angels Ragdolls Home https://www.angelsragdollshome.com/available-kittens/
- Anne Ragdoll Kitten Home https://anneragdollkittenhome.com/
- Appledolls home of ragdoll kittens – This is a Facebook page impersonating a real breeder in Korea. They stole all the videos and photos from the legitimate breeder and pretend those kittens are theirs and then get people to send them money. Of course, they never get the kitten.
- Appledolls Ragdolls cattery – This is a Facebook page impersonating a real breeder in Korea. They stole all the videos and photos from the legitimate breeder and pretend those kittens are theirs and then get people to send them money. Of course, they never get the kitten.
- Astoria Ragdolls – firstname.lastname@example.org (680) 444-1086 https://www.astoriaragdolls.com/
- ATREYU KATZ RAGDOLLS HOME https://www.atreyukatzragdollshome.com/
- Ayten Ragdoll Kittens email@example.com https://aytenragdollhome.com/ Aytenragdoll Dave Richert aka Richard 720-686-0330
- BLUE EYED CHARMS RAGDOLL CATTERY https://blueeyedcharms.com/#available
- Blue Eyed Temptations Ragdolls Cattery https://blueeyedtemptations.com/
- Blue Moon Family Ragdoll Breeders https://bluemoonragdollcattery.com/
- Celebrity Ragdoll Home https://www.celebrityragdollkittens.com
- CERTIFIED RAGDOLL KITTEN HOME https://certifiedragdollkittenhome.com/
- Christmas Kittens – https://christmaskittens.com/kittens-for-sale Kittens@ChristmasKittens.com (817) 200-7637
- CHRISTINAH RAGDOLLS HOME https://www.christinahragdollshome.com/
- Classified Ragdoll Kitten firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coast Ragdolls – https://coastragdolls.com/
- Cute Ragdoll Kittens For Sale https://sunriseragdollcattery.com/
- CUTE RAGDOLL KITTENS HOME email@example.com https://cuteragdollkittenshome.com/
- Cristar Ragdoll Cattery https://cristarragdollcattery.com
- crownragdollkittens.com firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dani Ragdoll Kittens https://daniragdollkittens.com/
- Daniel Ragdoll Kitten https://danielragdollkitten.com/
- DAVIS MN RAGDOLL HOME https://www.davismnragdolls.com/
- Delta Kittens Village https://www.deltakittensvillage.com/contact-us/ 402-318-3325
- DELUNA’S RAGDOLL KITTENS HOME https://www.delunasragdollkitten.com/
- Dollsm Ragdoll & British Shorthair Kittens https://dollsmragdollkittens.com/
- Doua Ragdoll Home https://douaragdollhome.com/
- Elegant Ragdoll Cattery https://elegantragdollcattery.com/
- Elegant Ragdolls https://elegantragdolls.com/
- Ellis Ragdolls https://ellisragdolls.com/
- Empire Ragz Cats https://empireragdollscats.com/
- EVERCHARMING RAGDOLL KITTENS https://evercharmingragdollkittens.com/available-kittens/
- Excellent Ragdolls Home Excellent Ragdoll Kitten Home https://eragdollkittenshome.com/ email@example.com
- Family Ragdoll Kittens https://familyragdollkittens.com/ – claims to be Mark Jessel from Tampa, Florida
- Family Ragdoll Kittens Home https://familyragdollkittenshome.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org (770) 679-3858
- Foryi Ragdoll Kitty Home Felines or Sen Ragdoll Home https://foryiragdollkittyhome.com/ email@example.com
- FRIENDLY RAGDOLLS HOME https://www.friendlyragdollshome.com/
- The Hairless Cattery
- Happy Family Member https://happyfamilymember.com/, firstname.lastname@example.org, Zelle email address: email@example.com, Fake breeder name is Fidelis Tabe (650-910-2427) his wife’s phone number (310-421-4331) (I believe her name is Sev), Paypal name: mendong mikecollins and email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Healthy Ragdoll Kittens https://healthyragdollkittens.com/ email@example.com “No credit cards system down need to use Zelle or Walmart or another service.”
- Heavenly Ragdoll Kittens for Homes – https://heavenlyragdollkittens4homes.com/ emails, names, etc. associated with this scammer: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and George Armstead – then there’s another set – Johnsonmaina58@yahoo.com, Johnson maina
- HEAVENLY RAGDOLLS HOME https://heavenlyragdollshome.com/ Felix Soto (214) 310 0529
- HEAVENLY RAGDOLL KITTENS HOME https://heavenlyragdollshome.com/
- HENDRY RAGDOLL KITTENS FOR SALE https://www.hendryragdollkittens.com/
- Hilltop Ragdoll Kittens https://hilltopragdollkittens.com/ (530) 362-4877 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hillside Ragdoll Kittens https://ragdollkittensncats.us/
- The Home of Certified Kittens https://thehomeofcertifiedkittens.com/healthcare/
- HOME OF RAGDOLL KITTEN https://homeofragdollkittencattery.com/index.html
- Home Raised Ragdoll Cats https://www.homeraisedragdollcats.com/
- HOME RAISED RAGDOLL KITTENS FOR SALE https://sunriseragdollcattery.com/
- Ideal Ragdoll Kittens https://idealragdollkittens.com/ email@example.com
- Ish Wor Eliragdolls Ice https://ishworeliragdollsice.com/
- Garland Cattery https://garlandcattery.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gift Ragdoll Kittens https://giftragdollkittens.com/
- Good Ragdoll Kittens http://www.goodragdolls.com/
- Good ragdoll kittens https://goodragdollskittens.com/
- Gracious Ragdoll Felines https://graciousragdollfelines.com/ email@example.com
- Gracious Ragdoll Kittens https://graciousragdollfelines.com/
- Jen Ragdoll Cattery https://jenragdollcattery.com/kittens-for-sale/ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jessica Hill Ragdoll Adoptions on Facebook – “I tried this breeder today, lots of recommendations… weird from the beginning. $500.00 contract after $250.00 deposit. PayPal only friends and family, no protection for buyer. When I entered $250.00 the payment equated to euros. I cancelled and figured another scam.”
- Julia Ragdoll Home https://www.juliaragdollhome.com/
- Julie’s Ragdoll Kittens https://juliesragdollkittens.com/
- KAIA Ragdoll Kittens https://kaiaragdollkittens.com/
- Katty Fluffy Ragdoll Kittens for Sale https://www.ktlovekitten.com/
- Kimberly Ragdolls https://www.facebook.com/kimberlyragdoll/
- The Kitten Breeders https://thekittenbreeders.com/product/ragdoll-cat-for-adoption/
- Kittens Booth https://kittensbooth.com/
- Kittens Kingdom https://www.kittenskingdom.com/ email@example.com
- Larry Ragdoll – Larry Ragdoll Cattery https://larryragdollcattery.online/
- Lee Ragdoll Breeders https://leeragdoll.com/available-kittens
- Lilac Ragdoll Kittens Home https://lilacragdollbreedershome.net/
- Linda Ragdoll Home https://www.lindaragdollhome.com/available-kittens/
- Lisa Ragdoll Kittens https://lisaragdollkittens.com/
- Luna Ragdolls Home https://www.lunaragdollhome.com/
- M.Chavez Ragdoll Kittens https://www.mchavezragdolls.com/
- Majestic Cattery https://majestic-cattery.com/ (540) 399-4418 a TextNow number
- Manifold Ragdoll Kittens https://manifoldragdollkittens.com/
- Marvelous Ragdoll Kitties https://marvelousragdollkitties.com/
- Mellow Ragdoll Kittens https://mellowragdollkittens.com/
- Merlin Ragdolls MERLIN RAGZ https://merlinragdoll.com/
- Meridian Family Cattery https://meridianfamilycattery.com/
- MO Ragdoll Kitten Website – “They say they are in Arlington, TX and the woman I have been emailing with is Shanimia Martin” – also known as “Ragdoll Kittens MO”
- Mountain Top Ragdoll Kittens https://mountaintopragdollkittens.com/
- Moon Light Ragdoll Kittens https://moonlightragdolkittens.com/
- myragdollfamily – https://www.myragdollfamily.com/home firstname.lastname@example.org (213) 352-5799
- Noble Ragdoll Kittens Family https://www.nobleragdollkittens.com/
- Oaklee Ragdoll Kittens https://oakleeragdollkittens.com/ email@example.com
- Olivia’s Ragdoll Kittens https://oliviasragdollkittens.com/ email: firstname.lastname@example.org 1-530-362-4877 “The breeder “Zachary” had us send him money over Zelle, we weren’t savvy enough to avoid it until later when there was a new fee for a carrier for shipping. “Delta express logistics” for their shipping company is surface-deep and just supports a scam https://deltaexpresslogistics.com/.
- Paws Ragdoll Kittens https://pawsragdollkittens.com/ – someone with this name and email asked to advertise on the site – Mike Plastma email@example.com
- Peace Ragdoll Kittens https://peaceragdollbreeders.org/
- Precious Ragdolls https://preciousragdolls.com/index.php/about-us/
- Premier Ragdoll Kittens https://premierragdollkittens.com/
- Premium Ragdolls https://premiumragdolls.com/#available
- Premium RagDoll Kittens Home (this is a kitten scam website. The same scammer has multiple puppy scam websites as well.)
- Prime Ragdoll Kittens https://primeragdollkittens.com/available-kittens/ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rag Kittens Home https://ragkittenshome.com/ email@example.com (626) 598‑7124
- Rag-Ragdoll Breeder County https://ragragdollcats.com/
- Ragdoll & American Shorthair Kittens Home https://ragdollamericanshorthairkittenshome.com/available-puppies/
- RAGDOLL AND AMERICAN SHORTHAIR KITTENS HOME https://ragdollamericanshorthairkittenshome.com/
- RAGDOLL CATS & KITTENS https://ragdollkittensncat.com/ and firstname.lastname@example.org
- RAGDOLL CATS/KITTENS FOR SALE ONLINE ragdollcatsonline https://www.ragdollcatsonline.com/
- Ragdoll Cattery Kitties https://ragdollcatterykitties.com/ ragdollcatterykitties@123janjohngmail-com
- Ragdoll Kittens https://nibaragdollhome.com/
- Ragdoll Kitten Happy Familyragdollkittenh@gmail.com 310-421-4331
- Ragdoll kittens Breeder https://nibaragdollhome.com/
- Ragdoll Straight kittens https://nibaragdollhome.com/
- Ragdoll Kittens Cattery | Ragdoll Kittens For Sale https://pawsragdollkittens.com/
- Ragdoll Kittens Cattery https://ragdollkittenscattery.com/ Info@Ragdollkittenscattery.com 1 (720) 204-8129
- Ragdoll Kittens For Sale or Ragdoll Kitten Sales https://ragdollkittenssales.com/
- Ragdoll Kittens Home https://douaragdollhome.com/
- Ragdoll Kittens for Homes – or Adorable Ragdoll Cattery https://ragdollkittensforhomes.com/
- Ragdoll Kittens Sales https://ragdollkittenssales.com/
- Ragdoll Kitties Home https://ragdollkittieshome.com/
- RAGDOLL KITTEN HOME CATTERY or Home of Ragdoll Kittens Cattery https://homeofragdollkittenscattery.com/
- Ragdoll Kitten Nation https://ragdollkittensnation.com/
- Ragdoll Kitty Shop – Ragdoll Pet Shop https://ragdollskittyshop.com/available-ragdoll-kittens/
- Ragdoll Straight kittens https://douaragdollhome.com/
- Rico Ragdoll Kittens email@example.com
- Ryleighs Ragdoll Kittens https://www.ryleighsragdollkittens.com/
- THE RAGDOLL MANSION https://theragdollmansions.com/index.php/available-ragdoll-kittens/
- San Diego Ragdoll Cattery https://sdragdollcattery.com/available-kittens/ firstname.lastname@example.org Mark Terran/Maria
- San Ragdoll https://senragdollhome.com/
- Santa Claus Kittens
- Sasha Lovely Ragdolls Home https://sashalovelygragdolls.com/, email@example.com
- Seal Point Ragdoll Kittens Breeders https://sealpointragdollbreeders.net/ragdoll-kittens-for-sale/
- Sen Ragdoll Home https://senragdollhome.com/
- SPLENDID RAGDOLL KITTENS firstname.lastname@example.org is their email and email@example.com is the Zelle email
- Sky Ragdolls https://skyragdolls.com/
- Submissive Blue Eyes Ragdolls https://submissiveblueeyesragdolls.com/
- Sunrise Ragdoll Cattery https://sunriseragdollcattery.com/
- Supreme Ragdolls Home https://www.supremeragdollshome.com/
- Teo Dora Ragdoll https://www.teodoraragdoll.com/
- Terry Ragdoll Kitten Home https://www.terryragdollkittenhome.com/
- US Ragdolls Home (https://usaragdolls.site/) – this one is tricky because there is a legitimate breeder with the same name – so scammers copied them. The legitimate breeder is https://usaragdolls.com/ – always pay attention to the domain name too!
- Valiant Ragdoll Home https://vragdollkittenhome.com/ email: firstname.lastname@example.org The person who received the deposit payments: Tiffany McGee – Zelle – +1 (832) 562-6704
- West End Ranch Ragdolls • email@example.com 408-643-0794 https://westendranchragdolls.com/ – readers have reported that “Trinity Carswell” firstname.lastname@example.org is the person you send money to (this could easily change after posting this). They also use these numbers – 310-692-9269 “Reb” or Zelle 843-415-9260 – “Daviyone Sanders” or Lastlaugh2677@gmail.com “Sherrod Davis”
- White Forest Ragdoll Cats https://whiteforestragdollcats.com/
- Zoey Ragdoll Kittens https://zoeyragdollkittens.com/
Need Help Figuring Out if a Website Is a Scam?
ℹ️ You can always contact us if you are wondering if the breeder you’re interested in is legitimate. Please send us a link to their website, and we can check it out.
⚠️ WARNING SIGNS TO LOOK FOR: ⚠️
- CHEAP KITTENS – a reputable, legitimate breeder will never sell Ragdoll kittens for cheap. Why? They are running a business, and they have fees, expenses, etc., for those first 12 weeks of the kittens’ lives, as well as the well-being of the kitten’s mother. So check out reasonable Ragdoll cat prices right now.
- 50% OFF ALL KITTENS TODAY
- $600 each and free shipping – that’s crazy cheap, and “free shipping” is as if they are a commodity that’s made in a factory. Or they might say there is a small fee.
- Photos – Photos all have different backgrounds, kittens for sale in the photos are all of different ages. Or they use stock pictures or photos stolen from Instagram accounts (that’s why they will all have different backgrounds). Legitimate breeders usually have a spot where they take their kitten photos – and they’ll have a red, blue, or another colored blanket as the background. Hence, all the images have a similar background or the same one from the seller’s home. Sometimes you can do a reverse image search on Google and see where else a photo has been used. You’ll find that these cat scams will use them on multiple made-up websites.
- Photos Don’t Change – “About a year ago, I fell in love with a couple of ragdolls from Sasha Lovely Ragdolls Home. However, after several interactions with them, I determined that the website was a scam. As of today (almost one year later), all the same, cats are listed as available (that haven’t aged). They also had to change geographical locations, which I discovered by having family members inquire about the same cats.”
- Misspellings – “We’re giving an excptional discount this week, so be amongst the lucky ones who get a Kitten at 50% off.”
- Poor English – “Ragdoll Home is highly known for breeding and nurturing Kittens in a loving and caring manner, and we give them out to a true loving family who cares much about them.” – No native English-speaking breeder is going to name their cattery or reference their cattery as “Ragdoll Home.”
- I say “native English speaker” because people outside the USA and Canada mostly do these scams.
- Discrepancies in what is on the website vs. what the breeder says in emails – “He said his name is Steven Andrew, but reviews on the website only mention someone named “Troy.” He also says he is located in Harrisburg, PA – note the discrepancy above.”
- A Shopping Cart – where you can check out and buy a kitten today – No legitimate, reputable breeder will have “Buy Now” on their available kittens’ page. A genuine breeder cares about the breed and the cats as living beings and wouldn’t have a “shopping cart” type of setup.
- Trust Your Gut – When it feels wrong – it’s usually wrong
- Addresses don’t match – “The zip code they gave me for their address doesn’t match their city/state.”
- Don’t Belong to Cat Associations – TICA and CFA are two significant cat associations in the USA. If the breeder is a member, they will be listed on those well-known websites. If they are not, you can always email those associations and ask if they are. Of course, scammers can write on their sites that they belong to TICA or CFA, so you have to check on the actual organization’s website.
- Payment – If it’s through ZELLE or some other way, you can never get your money back, like cash transfer services, i.e., Moneygram or Western Union. “This company doesn’t accept PayPal and has numerous spelling/grammatical errors in their correspondence.” Don’t send money via Venmo, cryptocurrency, Zelle, etc. – unless you physically have the kitten in hand or the breeder came highly recommended by a friend or family member who has a cat from them. They’ll ask for PayPal payment that is “Strictly Family and Friends Only.” It is always safest to pay with a credit card (not a debit card), so you can potentially get your money back if someone is running a scam.
- PayPal – With using PayPal they want the payment marked as a friend or family transaction. That way PayPal doesn’t have to reimburse you for it.
- Freight Company – they will add a middleman like a “freight company” that you also have to pay to have the kitten shipped. This is not how reputable breeders work. Example: “I’d like to inform you that https://www.lunaragdollhome.com/ is a fake ragdoll breeder, and they “work” with https://expressglobalcargomover.com/ to move “kittens.” They scammed my mother out of USD 3,000 in total, $1,000 for the “kitten,” $2,000 for the “shipping.” They tried getting another $2,500 in “quarantine” fees for “3 months”.”
- Additional Fees – Most legitimate breeders are upfront with all fees, etc. A Floppycats reader spoke about these extra fees more eloquently, “The pet scammer enterprise is done primarily over the internet; they maintain anonymity, they promise all kinds of goodies, and they con the unwary out a $1000 or more a pop. I found it interesting but not surprising – when they found a “mark”; extracted cash from their mark; they would come again for another hit on the poor mark- via an “extortion fee” to get their pets out of quarantine or some emergency during transport of the animal. Marks are a gift that keeps on giving.”
- Content is copied from elsewhere – often, they will copy content from a legitimate Maine Coon breeder’s website and then switch our “Maine Coon” for “Ragdoll,” – so if you see something along those lines, you know it’s a scam.
- Odd Cattery Names – Many scammer cattery names target keywords entered in Google by users, not a NAME a person would name their cattery. So “Healthy Ragdoll Breeders” is a very odd name for a native English speaker to choose
- Young Kittens – 10 weeks old – no legitimate, reputable breeder lets kittens go before 12 weeks
- .ORGs – No breeder would have a .org website for official 5013c organizations, like the Red Cross.
- Video Chat or Video Visit – Some breeders (not all) will do a video meeting with you, so you know they are authentic, the kitten you’re interested in is real, etc. Some legitimate breeders will not do this because of time and resources, but sometimes it can be a sign.
- Ads – A legitimate, reputable breeder does not put ads online, on Craigslist, on Facebook, or recycler.com – they have a running waitlist. And they attract new kitten buyers through social media (by posting their litters, etc.) or through referrals or website searches (if their site is set up well for search engine optimization)
- References to Dog Breeds or Dog Associations – Many of these scammers copy content from a legitimate breeder’s website and then use a quick “find and replace” option to add their scammer cattery name. Many copy from dog websites and then replace “dog” with “cat” or “puppy” with “kitten”. However, if there are things like “pup” or “kitty”, they will miss those, so they’ll appear. See example below – how a scammer’s YouTube ad leads an interested buyer to a buy now page on a scammer’s website – not only are there buy now buttons, but they have “dog breed” under every photo.
Facebook Cat Scams
Please know that setting up a Facebook page is super easy and it’s also super easy to change the name of it. Many scammers have started setting up Facebook Groups to scam people. Understand the difference between a Facebook Group and Page. Check out this email that I received from a reader – here’s someone who did their due diligence and prevented being scammed:
I’m sure I found a scam Facebook Ragdoll page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/215378451001400/
I was actually JUST about to send over $400 as an upfront payment and then $200 was to be paid after I had “met” the nanny/kitten that was going to “fly” over to me. And when I tried to Zelle them, THANKFULLY my Chase bank flagged it as fraud and then called me saying that their Zelle isn’t established.
The profile of the “rehome facilitator” is:
I thought her pictures were legit and all and then checked her uploading dates of videos/photos and it seemed a bit off.
I even asked them to send me a video possibly with them and the kitten together and saying my name in the video for assurance, but yeah, “she” apparently can’t because she is an adoption rehome facilitator. But what has now for-sure made my judgement clear is I literally JUST got removed from the Facebook page, so theres the proof that it’s a complete scam. Bunch of people are on there too…
I thought she was legit too due to 2 other Facebook profiles posting in the group with new kittens:
I messaged both these profiles for assurance if Kerry Jackson is legit or not, but never got a response, even though one of the profiles Israeal Scott, actually posted several hours ago of her “new kitten” sent by Kerry Jackson.
All in all, this has definitely opened my eyes to getting ahold of a Ragdoll for my family as I have been looking for months now for a decent price and all, and thought I hit the jackpot of the perfect kitten picture that “Kerry” sent me and the cheap cost. I’m just so desperate that I almost lost $400 today, jesus.
Well, definitely this page/profiles need to be flagged. The two other girls’ profiles even have weird groups that they follow which seem to be following random African-American people, etc., so that was also a huge major flag, but only found out after I dug intensely more once my bank called.
Thank you for your video
Here are Facebook scams that I know of – and there are 100 more like them.
- Active And Royal Maine Coons And Ragdoll Cats/Kittens Ready Near Me
- Jessica Quality Ragdolls
- Kittens for adoption Rhode island
- Santiago home of kittens
- Ragdoll Kittens For Rehoming/Adoption🐱
A reader submitted these screenshots on Jan 30/31, 2022, saying, “Notice the date on the right-hand corner of ultrasound—new pregnancy announcement. But the date of the Ultrasound is August 18 (of God knows what year). Even if it was just this past August, those babies should have been born by now. Here is another one. Same ultrasound photo. “
A breeder shared with me that people are scamming by spamming the breeder’s Facebook pages and claiming they are the owner of the legitimate kitten or someone else’s cat. See the screenshot below – interested party comments, and the scammer replies and says to DM them for more information. And if the interested party person follows through, they get scammed, and a good breeder gets hurt. The scammer commenting here is Lilly Ann, and their profile link is https://www.facebook.com/kano.kamrl
Here is a scammer using a photo of me with kittens at a legitimate breeder’s house from years ago. This is catfishing at its finest.
The reader who sent me these photos decided to have fun with this catfish to see what unraveled. She said, “Omg! She is trying to pass herself off as you. She is saying she is from Washington. I asked if that was the litter she was holding in her profile pic. she said yes. I said she looked like a proud Momma, and she said she appreciated me saying that. Then she gets pushy about buying the kitten at a crazy low price. She claims kittens are now seven weeks, but the photo was posted in November. ??????? She even said they are desexed. At seven weeks??”
Here’s that conversation:
How to Report a Breeder Scam to Google
Help combat the ongoing cat breeder scams online by reporting them to Google.
If you see a cat breeder scam ad or a kitten scam on a Google ad, follow these steps:
- In the upper right-hand corner, click on the three vertical dots
- Click on “Report Ad”
- Choose the radio button: “An ad violates Google Ads policies (e.g., scam, offensive or dangerous content)
Follow the prompts from there. Finally, fill in all info and submit.
June 2, 2021
I was scammed by www.ryleighsragdollkittens.com
The email they use to contact their “customers” RAGDOLLS HOME <email@example.com>
The email they use to have an account on ZELLE (a wire transfer service): firstname.lastname@example.org Under: Ryleigh Figueroa and Michael
Maybe you can also add the freight company which is in the scam as well. They wanted to get an additional $1,000 for an electrical thermal crate due to the young age of the kitten.
SCAM FREIGHT COMPANY: Pet Rounds Logistics Network (405) 383-8975 info@Petrounds.com email@example.com General Manager Mr. Chris Caster
April 13, 2021
I was scammed by www.leeragdoll.com
I wish I had seen your web site before connecting with https://leeragdoll.com/. Unfortunately, I was slow to recognize the scam and they did get some money from me before I figured it out. It was your web site that helped me confirm the scam. I wish there was a way to remove them from the internet! Just wanted to say thanks for having that information available. I wish I had seen it first.
I used Zelle…. Note to self….. NEVER use a person to person money transfer to someone you are not totally sure who they are and or know personally … EVER!!!! They will make arrangements of other forms of payments such as American Express gift card. I don’t know why that didn’t set of my Scam senses! So if you have to pay any reseller by person to person transfer and you don’t personally know them, RUN.!
These people now are telling me they will hold my money for 30 days per the contract which is null and void as they never intended to send me a kitten. I am still so mad I can’t see straight. They have all but acknowledged the scam and won’t refund my money. I wish there was a way I could get law enforcement on their doorstep, but I fear that doorstep is not in the US.
I was wondering how you SEO your website? Getting it to show up when someone types in ragdoll kittens for sale would be great. Did I mention I am an unhappy camper right now? Thanks for having that list. If I hadn’t checked and found your site they would have scammed me out of all the money they were asking for. I just wish I had thought about the possibility of cat breeders scam before I jumped in. I hate learning hard lessons.
These guys are good… the web site is nice, the contract is official looking. Very easy to be at ease when your hoping to get that special kitten. Its when the payment options pop up that one should beware. Unfortunately it took me a step to long to figure it out. As always, if it sounds to good, it probably is…. Buyer beware! One more thing… check the timestamp on any correspondence. These guys were responding to email at hours between midnight and 6 am. Another red flag.”
How to Spot a Pet Scammer – Potential Red Flags
Here are the latest – Precious Ragdolls using my photo of Charlie, Trigg, and me that’s in the footer of our website. I am not married and have never been – and they stole the content below the photo from another breeder’s website.
Oftentimes, they will steal from a Maine Coon breeder’s website and then just replace “Maine Coon” with “Ragdoll”. You can always copy and paste a few sentences of the content and put it between ” ” in Google’s search bar to see where else it appears on the web.
You can tell they stole it from Ragdolls Above All.
Update September 19, 2020
Kimberly Ragdolls is a fraudulent breeder website
“I’m very appreciative of you posting fraudulent breeder websites. I have been corresponding with a man using the name Kimberly Ragdolls. He is offering to sell me a beautiful female kitten for $350, including shipping from Pennsylvania to Arizona. I asked him to forward a copy of his contract. He appeared to change the name of the breeder at the Beginning of the contract, but erroneously left the name of Cristar Ragdoll Cattery at the bottom. He has now ceased corresponding with me once I questioned him on it. I wanted you to have the new name he is operating under so you can list it also.
Seems this guy has had several fb pages. They don’t have a website this time – just their Facebook page. But they are seeking out buyers on the American Ragdolls fb page. They replied to a post earlier today listing their info and pictures of kittens. I reached out to them as I am currently looking for a female. I just looked back on fb and it appears they deleted their comments with their info. But their fb page was Kimberlyragdoll kittens.
I have messed with this guy all afternoon questioning him. I sent him screenshots of all the business names he has gone by and all the stories buyers have reported about him. He claims it is just fraudulent buyers trying to give him a bad name. He’s definitely a fraud. He went from messaging me on Facebook messenger, to texting me, to using WhatsApp. I questioned him why he kept switching and he said to make sure I was legit! Lol! Thanks for looking out for buyers! I appreciate it!”
Update September 2, 2020
RAGDOLL CATTERY HOME is another Ragdoll breeder scam website.
Paula wrote in, “Unfortunately my 13 yr old rag doll passed Suddenly recently and we are devastated I began looking right away for another rag doll and just get totally conned. I went to https://ragdollcatterys.com/ and unfortunately they took my money (cash accounts only which was a red flag) promised to ship my 11-week kitten they named Cucu, then hours before her due time (Monday September 1st at noon) they then asked for more money for another shot and $650 for a temperature controlled crate. The kitten was to be delivered in a crate anyway They agreed to pay for her shot but still wanted $650 for the crate She was supposed to be on a flight (airport) at the time they requested this so I knew it wasn’t right. They sent me shipping confirmation for the flight but trying to google the company showed no such company.
We were so upset at being conned so easily and I don’t know how to get their name out there to warn other innocent pet lovers so it doesn’t happen to them. If you can possibly add this company to your warning list of bad breeders that would be great. Their website and shipping contract looked so real too. If you know a good breeder in Southern California who has rag dolls for pets and I’m not interested in showing or breeding please can you let me know. please post to try to prevent others from being scammed by them!”
Doing the same as this one below, but using a photo of my sister with our parents’ kitties on their Premium Ragdolls Cattery’s fake and fraudulent website:
How to Spot a Ragdoll Cattery Scam Website
Another scammer website used a photo of my sister and me with my parents’ Ragdoll cats. I wish there were a way to prosecute these people. Unfortunately, another one was Jasmine Ragdoll Kitten – Ragdoll Breeder SCAM.
These are people that do not have kittens – they are stealing people’s photos and content from other legitimate breeder’s websites and creating a brand new website from it. Then, claiming they have kittens – and then screwing people out of their money. They use keywords like “Professional Ragdoll Cat breeders” or “Purebred Ragdolls” to help their website be found on Google. And innocent people looking to buy a Ragdoll kitten, find it – see all the pretty photos and get suckered into buying one because they make the website look legitimate with a purchase agreement, shipping guarantee, and more. But there are a lot of misspellings, and you can find the content they post on other breeder’s websites. For example, they copied and pasted the content on their Shipping and Guarantee page from a Savannah cat breeder.
I HATE wasting Floppycats’ site’s content on something like this. I HATE spending my time on something like this. But I HATE scams and frauds, especially those involving animals.
I am hoping this post will make them stop and also make others stop that might be doing the same. They will probably change their name by the time this posts – but they have used “RAGDOLL FAMILY” or “Ragdoll Giants” so far. Please let me know what other words they use. I posted about this scam two weeks ago on Facebook – you can see the discussion here:
Australian Cat Scammers
How to Find a Reputable Ragdoll Cat Breeder:
Here are the pages on the site that you might find helpful:
- Ragdoll Breeders
- Recommended Ragdoll Breeders
- Bad Ragdoll Breeders
- How to Know if a Cat Breeder is Reputable: An Interview with Bette Willette
- You can also look for legit rescues or even better, look into adoption from a local rescue or animal shelter
You can always contact us if you are wondering if you’re dealing with one of the cat scams or if the breeder you’re interested in is a legitimate breeder. Please send us a link to their website, and we can check it out for you.
Hi, I’m Jenny Dean, creator of Floppycats! Ever since my Aunt got the first Ragdoll cat in our family, I have loved the breed. Inspired by my childhood Ragdoll cat, Rags, I created Floppycats to connect, share and inspire other Ragdoll cat lovers around the world,