Hydrate for Your Cat’s Health: PetSafe® Brand Celebrates National Pet Hydration Month This July
Does your cat like to drink cool, running water? Or maybe you don’t know that your kitty would prefer running water over their water dish? PetSafe® brand, one of the biggest US manufacturers of pet products, is sponsoring Pet Hydration Month this July to educate pet parents about the importance of proper hydration.
Cat Health Issues That Can Arise from Dehydration
- Preventing urinary tract infections and urinary disease. Unlike the food humans eat, dry dog and cat foods have very low moisture levels. If a pet doesn’t drink a lot of water from its bowl, consider adding water to their dry food or incorporating wet food into their diet. Cats with low water intake may experience urinary tract infections, or even urinary stones and crystals that can cause urethral obstruction.
- Aiding with energy levels and temperature regulation. Water helps pets convert fat to energy. If a pet drinks enough water throughout the day they will have the energy to play outside or go on a walk. Water intake also cools the body and helps them maintain a consistent and normal body temperature.
- Speeding recovery time from sickness or surgery. Drinking water can help promote healthy kidney function and flush toxins from their bodies. This is important after a bout of sickness or during the recovery process after a major surgery.
Common Symptoms of Cat Dehydration
- Vomiting and/or diarrhea
- Lack of energy
- Excessive and ongoing panting
- Loss of appetite
- Sunken, dry eyes
- Dry and sticky gums
- Loss of skin elasticity (when pulled or moved, the skin will not go back to its original place)
This video made by Petsafe, explains how to check these things:
If you suspect that your pet might be dehydrated, you should take him or her to a veterinarian immediately where they can monitor the pet closely and administer IV fluids.
Other than keeping dry food out of your home, another way to keep a proper level of water intake each day is to introduce a pet fountain to your home. PetSafe brand offers a variety of fountains, including:
- PetSafe Drinkwell® Sedona Pet Fountain – A trendy, cutting-edge design and 100-oz. water capacity, this fountain is great for pets of all sizes or multiple pet households and was also featured on DIY Network’s Blog Cabin Mountain Retreat 2015.
- PetSafe Current Pet Fountain – Available in three different sizes – 40 oz., 80 oz. or 120 oz. – this fountain is an affordable option for providing your pet with a constant source of fresh, filtered water.
- PetSafe Drinkwell Avalon Pet Fountain – Available in red or white, this fountain offers 70 ounces of fresh, filtered water in a ceramic design that is easy to clean and looks great in your home.
- PetSafe Drinkwell Platinum® Pet Fountain – Made of BPA-free plastic, this fountain holds 168 ouncesof fresh, filtered water and features a free-flowing water stream with adjustable flow, which entices pets to drink more.
- PetSafe Drinkwell Everflow Indoor/Outdoor Pet Fountain – Best for large dogs or dogs who tend to splash water, this fountain holds 1.5 gallons of water and can also be used outdoors by connecting it to a standard garden hose. PetSafe Drinkwell Outdoor Dog Fountain – Made with high-impact UV-resistant plastic, this durable fountain holds 3.5 gallons of water and can be placed inside the home or outdoors when temperatures are above 40°F.
For more information about proper pet hydration, please visit www.petsafe.net/water.
FTC Disclosure: This is a sponsored post, which means that I was financially compensated to feature this content. Regardless of payment received, we will only post topics that we believe our readers will find of interest.
More Like This