Can You Find the Litter-Robot at Walmart? Technology has managed to improve the single most dreaded task that cat owners around the world have to do on a daily basis – clean their cat’s litter box. The Litter-Robot eliminates all the scooping involved in this foul-smelling task and it keeps the kitty litter clean and the air in your bathroom fresh at all times. To make things even better, it limits all activity to throwing away a sack of litter clumps about once a week.
Needless to say, cat owners have shown a huge interest in the Litter-Robot and its smell-changing features. If you’d like to try the automated litter box for yourself, let us tell you where you can find it. The first thing you should know is that the Litter-Robot is not sold at Walmart or any other hypermarket or department store. Walmart does sell other self-cleaning litter boxes, but these products are far inferior to the Litter-Robot, as you will see if you take a look at the list of features we made below.
So, no, you can’t buy the Litter-Robot at Walmart, but it’s actually much easier to purchase it because it is available online at Litter-Robot.com. They ship products, components, and accessories anywhere in the United States, and they also offer free shipping in the contiguous US for orders of $35 or more.
- The Litter Robot Automatically runs everytime your cat leaves the litter box.
All products featured on the site are carefully selected by the editor of Floppycats, Jenny Dean. In addition, we may earn a small commission when you purchase something through our affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Purchase a Litter-Robot.com
Litter-Robot Features and Benefits
What makes the Litter-Robot better than the self-cleaning litter boxes you can find at Walmart? Well, the short answer is that it revolutionizes litter boxes. Here are its main features and benefits:
- It cleans the kitty litter immediately after every single use
No matter how much you try, you simply can’t clean your cat’s litter box immediately after it uses it, but the Litter-Robot can. As soon as the cat exits the globe, which it can detect immediately because it tracks the weight of the contents inside, it begins the cleaning cycle.
[bctt tweet=”No matter how much you try, you simply can’t clean your cat’s litter box immediately after it uses it, but the Litter-Robot can.” username=”@floppycats”]
- It keeps the air in your bathroom clean
The smell of dirty litter boxes is hard to eliminate with traditional litter boxes, but not with the Litter-Robot. Since it begins the cleaning cycle right after the cat gets out of the globe, there is no time for any foul smells to gather in your bathroom. At the end of the cycle, the clumps and the poops go in the Litter-Robot’s drawer, which is located under the globe. This has a carbon filter that keeps the bad smells inside but permits air to move in and out of the drawer.
- It makes the litter box more hygienic for your cat
Since the litter is clean every time your cat uses it, it will not step in the used litter, which makes the entire process more hygienic for your cat, but also for you. The cat will not have litter box paws anymore, so your floors will be cleaner.
[bctt tweet=”Since the litter is clean every time your cat uses it, it will not step in the used litter, which makes the entire process more hygienic for your cat, but also for you.” username=”@floppycats”]
- It helps you save up on kitty litter
The Litter-Robot optimizes the litter cleaning process. Only the clumps and poops go in the drawer, while the clean litter is reused. The sieving process reduces litter waste and, in the long run, it will help you cut back on kitty litter because you will be using less of it. As an added benefit, it also makes the process more eco-friendly.
- You can track your cat’s bathroom behavior
The Litter-Robot comes with several accessories and the best one is the app. You can connect the automatic litter box to your phone and you will see when your cats use it. Moreover, you can track their behavior, which is extremely useful because you can easily spot if your cat suddenly stops using the litter box, or if it starts using it too much. This change in bathroom behavior could signal important health issues like UTI’s, constipation, diarrhea, renal failure, or diabetes, but it is often missed because owners notice the change later on.
- You can use it for multiple cats
When you have more than one cat, you must have several litter boxes. But you only need one Litter-Robot. This automatic litter box cleans the litter after every single use and it can be used simultaneously by as many as four cats. Compared to the six traditional litter boxes that four cats would normally require, the Litter-Robot saves space, money spent on kitty litter, and time spent cleaning multiple litter boxes. All you have to do is empty the clump drawer when it’s full. If you have the app, you will receive a notification when it’s time to change it.
[bctt tweet=”This automatic litter box cleans the litter after every single use and it can be used simultaneously by as many as four cats.” username=”@floppycats”]
Purchase a Litter-Robot 3
What Can You Buy on Litter-Robot.com?
On the Litter-Robot website, you can buy the automatic self-cleaning units, as well as accessories and components for them. The latest model is the Litter-Robot 3, which you can purchase with or without the app connection. There is also a Litter-Robot 4 on the way, but it is not available yet.
Here are some of the accessories you can get on their site:
- The Litter Box Credenza – This is a stylish piece of furniture made to mask the Litter-Robot. It comes with a cat entry space, which permits the cat to easily go inside the Litter-Robot, but the automatic litter box is not visible in the house anymore. There is even a bundle you can buy including the Litter-Robot, the staircase, and the Credenza.
- The Litter Box Storage Cabinet – This is another option available for furniture to mask the Litter-Robot. Cat owners often find that their cat’s litter boxes are not in line with the rest of the furniture in their homes. This coffee oak cabinet masks the litter box as a cabinet and it also has a set of selves that can be used to store various items in the house. There is a bundle available for the cabinet as well.
- Litter Mats – If you want your home to be rid of kitty litter, then placing a litter mat in front of the Litter-Robot will go a long way. When the cats get out of the Litter-Robot globe, they still sometimes drag some litter with them. Even if there is less litter compared to traditional litter boxes, having a litter mat is still useful with automatic litter boxes.
- The Litter Trap Mat – This is a superior option to the litter mats because it has a more efficient technology that keeps all the kitty litter inside the mat. It has two layers – the top layer has holes in it and the spilled litter goes through them and remains trapped between the top layer and the bottom layer. You have to clean it periodically, which is easy to do because you simply lift the top layer and throw away the gathered litter.
- LR 3 Ramp – This is a useful accessory for the Litter-Robot 3 because it makes it much easier for cats to climb inside the globe. It is particularly useful for kittens and elderly cats, which could find it difficult to get inside the globe to use the litter box.
Purchase a Litter-Robot.com
- Do self-cleaning litter boxes really work?
The Litter-Robot is a self-cleaning litter box and it really does work, according to thousands of positive reviews it got. You can browse them for yourself to see how much people have enjoyed using this automatic litter box. You can even look for reviews from people who have the same number of cats as you do and who live in the same type of housing as you do to get the most accurate opinions.
- Do cats prefer open or closed litter boxes?
This depends entirely on the cat’s preferences. While open litter boxes are easier for cats to get used to, closed litter boxes are also very popular, but, in some cases, they might require a bit of getting used to.
- What is the best litter for the litter robot?
For the Litter-Robot to work properly, you need to use clumping litter because the automatic litter box uses a sieve to filter out the used litter from the clean. You can use any type of clumping kitty you like. The better it clumps, the better it is for the Litter-Robot.
- How long does the litter robot last?
All Litter-Robot products come with an 18-month warranty, but the product is meant to last for a long time. Here’s my review of the Litter-Robot after having it for 5 years, where I cover my full experience with the product, including the benefits, but also the problems I encountered while using it.
Purchase a Litter-Robot.com
To sum up, no, you can’t find the Litter-Robot at Walmart or any other department store. It’s much simpler than that. You can order it online on their site and you will get it delivered with FedEx. Compared to the self-cleaning litter boxes you find at Walmart, the Litter-Robot offers many more features and benefits. What do you think of the Litter-Robot? Have you tried it? Have you tried other automatic litter boxes? Tell us in the comments section below.
Hi, I’m Jenny Dean, creator of Floppycats! Ever since my Aunt got the first Ragdoll cat in our family, I have loved the breed. Inspired by my childhood Ragdoll cat, Rags, I created Floppycats to connect, share and inspire other Ragdoll cat lovers around the world,