Kitty A GoGo Litter Box Product Review
In 2003, a designer/former clothing buyer and medical design engineer created Kitty A GoGo™. Later in 2010 Kitty A GoGo™ was acquired by Automated Pet Care Products, Inc. (the makers of the Litter-Robot™).
We were sent a Kitty a GoGo litter box to product test. I was hesitant about it because:
- I am not a fan of covered/hooded litter boxes (watch the final review video below to understand this more)
- I was fearful that the lid was too short for Ragdoll kitties
Unfortunately, those fears held true – BUT I DO LIKE THE Kitty A GoGo Litter Box as a cat bed and I do like it as a litter box if:
- You have a short cat like a Skookum
- Your cat doesn’t have litter box elimination issues and likes hooded litter boxes
- If you are diligent about scooping the litter box every day or twice a day
This litter box was designed for the human in mind – and so it is convenient for the human, but if the human doesn’t keep it clean, then it can end up smelling like a Johnny on the Spot, like any hooded litter box can to a cat.
What’s in the Box?
- Kitty a Go Go Litter Box w/pullout Drawer
- Hand Scoop
- Replaceable Liner
- Sifter Rake
- Hinged Door
Worried about the accessory items? No worries, you can buy replacement accessories on their website –
- Hand Scoop
- Litter Tray Liners
- Metal Sifter Rake
Custom orders with custom designs available with a minimum order of 500 – which could be really neat – since there are millions of possibilities.
More Like This
I also like the Feng Shui look of the litter box after you run the rake through it – check it out in the final review video below!
Kitty A GoGo Litter Box Dimensions
Height: 16″ 40.6cm
Length 21″ 53.3cm
Width: 18.25″ or 46.4cm
Entrance Height 8.8″ 21cm
Entrance Width: 10-12″ 25.5-30.7cm
The height dimensions are one of the reasons I do not recommend it for large breed cats. For example, Charlie is 14 inches from the ground to the top of his head. If he was to get i the squatting position to go #2 he would be even taller – so even though the height of the litter box is 16″ high – when you add two inches of litter into the tray, then that height is reduced to 14 inches. But if you have a small cat – maybe a 7 lb. or smaller cat and is along shorter, then it could be a great litter box.
The pull out litter tray drawer and the built-in sifter rake basket is brilliant and they work extremely well. I love the hand scoop storage too – I love when something comes all put together, but now that I am such a snot about litter scoops (I prefer the Litter Lifter hands down), I wouldn’t end up using the scoop that comes with it.
Why I Love It As a Cat Bed:
- It’s made of high quality, high impact stain-resistant plastic- so it’s easy to wipe down and keep clean.
- It has built-in ventilation slots
- The pullout drawer is a great way to get your cat out of the bed, if you want to get them quickly.
- It comes assembled
- It is portable with a convenient grab handle
- It comes in awesome designs: Polka Dot, Black, Leopard, Wood Grain, Flower Print, Metallic
Think about it – especially if you have an outdoor cat – this could be a great “home” for him.
Here are the videos that I took during our review – the first video is of the initial opening:
And then this is the one I made for the final review:
Overall, I like this product – and think that it has multiple uses. Charlie and Trigg never used it as a litter box – but Trigg liked to lay in it on the clean litter! So I do think the bed would be ideal.
You can buy it on Amazon.com or on the manufacturer’s site for $129.99 (They have a button on their site where you can get $30 off if you tell two friends about the Kitty a Go-Go, so the price with 2 friends is $99).