Last Updated on September 14, 2021 by Jenny
If you’re a cat owner, you probably already know how much maintenance goes into keeping your cat healthy, happy, safe and clean. Not to mention the amount of effort that goes into keeping a neat and tidy environment as well.
There are plenty of aspects you need to balance when caring for your four-legged companion and getting the ideal litter box is one of them. Litter boxes have evolved quite a lot in these past decades and it’s no wonder why. Both cats and owners have a wide variety of requirements and personality specifics that need to be taken into consideration.
One such aspect, for example, concerns cats that have trouble peeing inside the assigned space and are so-called high sprayers. This, of course, is a headache to clean up, brings on a terrible smell and is simply unpleasant to deal with.
All products featured on the site are independently selected by the editor of Floppycats, Jenny Dean. However, when you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission. You can read our full disclosure at the bottom of the page.
- What Is the Horizon Poly Products Kat Kave Litter Box?
- What Are the Horizon Poly Products Kat Kave Litter Box Dimensions?
- How Do Cat Owners Feel About the Horizon Poly Products Kat Kave Litter Box?
- How Do You Install the Horizon Poly Products Kat Kave Litter Box?
- How Do You Use the Horizon Poly Products Kat Kave Litter Box?
- What Happens When Your Cat Doesn’t Use Horizon Poly Products Kat Kave Litter Box But Pees On the Floor?
Thankfully the Horizon Poly Products Kat Kave (previously known as, “Kattails Kat Kave Litter Box”) addresses this issue and successfully ticks off many other troublesome aspects on the list as well. Let’s take a closer look at what the Horizon Poly Products Kat Kave is and what its benefits are in order for you to understand whether this is the right choice for you too, as a cat owner.
What Is the Horizon Poly Products Kat Kave Litter Box?
The Horizon Poly Products Kat Kave Litter Box is a quite simple, yet innovative litter box developed by Horizon Poly Products.
It’s pretty tall and the box itself has a bulky shape, with a little front opening, that’s large enough for your cat to go inside. The first color it comes in is Charcoal Granite – another way of saying light grey – and the second one is Sandstone. These are both neutral and eye-pleasing colors, so the Kat Kave fits basically anywhere, blending well in a wide array of environments. The design is simple and not branded, which allows you to make it your very own.
Having said this, it’s great to know the Kat Kave has actually been designed for both indoor and outdoor use, since the material can withstand a myriad of weather conditions. The material the Kat Kave is made from is called polyethylene plastic and it’s virtually indestructible. This type of material is absolutely safe for cats to touch and is resistant to their claws, however it’s not safe for ingesting. Thankfully, cats are not at all tempted in trying to chew on this material.
The design is seamless with no visible lines where any panels should merge with one another. In fact, it looks just like a big, fun and mysterious box – a design that we all know is very alluring to cats, which is perhaps why the Horizon Poly Products Kat Kave is enjoying such a surge in sales and popularity. The high walls are also created with the purpose of keeping all the mess inside the litter box.
This litter box is also extremely sturdy and stable, which means that it can be placed on many types of surfaces and it will not slide or slip away. The material it’s made of is very durable, which means you get to use the Kat Kave for years to come. It also allows for an easy cleaning process, enabling you to quickly make it spotless again with very little effort.
Purchase a Horizon Poly Product Kat Kave.
What Are the Horizon Poly Products Kat Kave Litter Box Dimensions?
Before you purchase the Kat Kave Litter Box, it’s best for you to know this product can accommodate your cat easily, regardless if it’s on the more petite spectrum or if it’s bigger in size.
The Kat Kave Litter Box comes in one size, but fits under the large/extra large size litter box category.
The exact Horizon Poly Products Kat Kave Litter Box dimensions are: 28 1/4″ in Length, 18 3/4″ in Width and 20″ in Height. It works perfectly for larger breed cats or even as a shelter for smaller breeds of dogs.
Without the lid on, the litter box is exactly 18 inches high. This may interest you as well, in case you ever decide to keep the litter box uncovered.
If you’re wondering how well your larger cat can fit in through the opening of the Kat Kave litter box, then you need to know the dimensions of the opening are as follows: 7″ across the bottom, 7/5″ tall and starts 6″ off of the ground. Incidentally, Kat Kave can also alter the dimension of the opening from the bottom, in case if you have a senior cat that has trouble reaching that high. As long as you specify your request in the order, Kat Kave should be able to modify the litter box in order to accommodate your needs.
Purchase a Horizon Poly Product Kat Kave.
How Do Cat Owners Feel About the Horizon Poly Products Kat Kave Litter Box?
The Horizon Poly Products Kat Kave Litter Box reviews are unapologetically positive and a whopping 94% of the cat owners that have tried this product are fully satisfied with the experience. This is because the Kat Kave is sturdy and durable, enabling long-term usage and requiring relatively little maintenance.
Another reason behind this item’s popularity is the fact that cats also get along great with it, especially the ones that tend to pee higher than usual and that now can contain the mess within the high structure of the litter box.
The material it’s made from allows cat owners to easily clean both the inside and outside of the litter box, especially since there are no seams that could delay the process or make it unnecessarily difficult.
How Do You Install the Horizon Poly Products Kat Kave Litter Box?
If you’re wondering what the Poly Products Kat Kave Litter Box installation instructions are, you shouldn’t fret, as it’s pretty easy to install this litter box in your home.
You’ll find the Kat Kave arrives in sturdy packaging meant to protect it during shipping. Open the box, take out both the body of the box and the lid and take them to the place that will remain the cat’s go-to spot when they need to use the litter.
It’s important that you find a pretty leveled spot in your home or backyard, so there won’t be any issues with Kat Kave being off balance. You can easily place it somewhere outdoors, since the polyethylene it’s made of is strong enough to hold out against sunshine, wind, rain and other various weather conditions.
Ensure, as much as possible, that you place it in the spot you’ll think will be the cat’s final go-to location from there on. This is especially important since cats love stability and any frequent changes will make them feel confused or frustrated and may cause them to stop using the litter box.
How Do You Use the Horizon Poly Products Kat Kave Litter Box?
The Horizon Poly Products Kat Kave Litter Box instructions are also pretty straightforward and there’s not much you need to do in order for your cat to start using it. In fact, it’s so easy to use, including for first-time users, that you don’t even need to watch a Horizon Poly Products Kat Kave Litter Box instructions video on youtube, if there ever was one.
Once you’ve established the spot the Kat Kave is going to be in from now on, you can simply put your favorite type of litter inside and let your cat do the rest. You can put the lid on, since this will keep all unwanted odors inside the box, while also preventing high-spraying cats from creating a mess outside of the box and onto your floor.
Change the litter inside as frequently as you consider, depending on your preferences, and clean it just like you would any other litter box. Thankfully the polyethylene litter box walls will not absorb the odor, even after years of use. You can also extend the lifespan of your Kat Kave Litter by ensuring a thorough and frequent cleaning process that guarantees the walls do not get imbibed with the unpleasant odors your four-legged friend may leave behind.
Purchase a Horizon Poly Product Kat Kave on Amazon.
What Happens When Your Cat Doesn’t Use Horizon Poly Products Kat Kave Litter Box But Pees On the Floor?
Now that we’ve gone through how to install and use your Kat Kave litter box, let’s look at what happens when your cat doesn’t use Horizon Poly Products Kat Kave litter box but pees on floor. Although this is not very likely, since most cats get along very well with the format of this box, it is indeed a possibility. There are many factors to consider here, so let’s take them one by one and rule out the possible scenarios.
- The reason why this may happen is that perhaps your cat has not properly been accommodated to the Kat Kave yet. Cats are creatures of habit and any changes in their stable environment may throw them off.
- So, for example, if you had previously been using a simple litter box, without any lid on top, switching to the Kat Kave may feel a bit claustrophobic or intimidating to your furry friend. If your cat’s feeling this, it may simply avoid going inside and pee wherever it can, which typically is on the floor. As soon as you notice this happens, try making some changes to your Kat Kave and the way you’re introducing it to your litter box-shy cat.
- This is why we recommend that you gradually try accommodating your cat with the new setup by leaving the lid aside for the first few times it uses the litter box or simply putting it on top, but not fully clicking it in position just yet – try leaving it halfway opened at first. This may help your cat grow more accustomed to the Kat Kave and feel more at ease when going inside. Or it may simply encourage it to step inside in the first place and discover what the Kat Kave is all about.
- If your cat has already used the Kat Kave, but for some reason just stopped peeing inside and started going on the floor instead, it may be because the inside of the litter box is not clean enough. Cats are very specific and require a clean litter box at all times. A full, dirty litter box will make them steer clear of it and find a different spot to pee. So make sure you change the litter and clean the inside walls of your Kat Kave as frequently as possible.
- If you have more than one cat in your household, one of them may not want to use the same litter box the other cats are using. This is because cats can be very territorial and sharing simply doesn’t work in some cases.
- Another aspect you need to look at is the accessibility of the Kat Kave. Cats love having a comfortable litter box area. Make sure it’s placed in a spot that’s easily accessible for your four-legged buddy with plenty of room to wiggle in front of the entrance.
- Also, if you have a senior cat, there’s a chance the entrance is simply way too high for it to easily navigate. If so, try creating a ramp straight to the entrance, in order to facilitate your cat’s way inside the Kat Kave litter box.
- Other reasons why your cat may be peeing outside the Horizon Poly Products Kat Kave litter box may be of medical nature, so make sure you keep a close eye on its behavioral patterns. If you notice anything suspicious, it’s recommended that you take your cat to the vet as soon as possible to identify any developing health conditions.
Purchase a Horizon Poly Product Kat Kave.
In a nutshell, this is everything you need to know about the Horizon Poly Products Kat Kave litter box and should help you decide if this is the right kind of litter box for you, regardless of the type or size of the cat you have warming your home.