Last Updated on July 8, 2021 by Jenny
The Jimmy JV51 is the 3rd cordless stick vacuum cleaner we have reviewed, which means I was a little more experienced this time in reviewing this vacuum.
After months of reviewing stick vacuums and responding to comments on our YouTube videos, I have come to find that there are really serious vacuum cleaner reviewers! On YouTube, they will test various vacuums in lots of different ways. I am not that technically inclined – my reviews are more based on how the vacuum performs in our house with my two long-haired Ragdoll cats as well as normal house clean up. I have tile, hardwood floors as well as low and high-pile carpet.
I used the Jimmy jv51 everywhere – in the bathroom, living room, kitchen, dining room, on the couch, on the stairs, etc.
I previously reviewed the Tineco A10 Hero as well as the Dyson V8. This one was different in that I didn’t have to hold down the trigger to keep it on or flip a lever to keep it on. I only had to squeeze the trigger once and it stayed on without having to flip a lever or hold it down, which was really nice.
Jimmy JV51 Highlights:
- Suction Power: 125AW/20Kpa
- Lightweight Handheld Vaccuum is only 5 lbs
- 400W Digital Motor
- Washable Parts – Washable HEPA, Dust Cup and Cyclones Part
- Quieter vacuum – 67 dBA on low mode and 77 dBA on high mode
- Detachable Rechargeable Lithium Battery Pack
- Run Time – Up to 45 minutes run time (in normal mode)/8 minutes (in max mode) when using a non motorized tool and up to 30 minutes run time (in normal mode)/7 minutes (in max mode) run time with motorized brush.
- Anti Hair-Entangling Around Brushroll
I loved it too for cleaning cob webs off my ceiling.
Like the other stick vacuums we have reviewed, the Jimmy JV51 comes with several accessories.
JIMMY JV51 Accessories
- Anti Hair-Wrap Soft Roller Floor Cleaning Brushroll Head
- Mini Motorized Brush
- Brush and Crevice tool – combination tool
- Dusting Brush Tool – combination tool
- Rigid extension wand
- Wall Charger
- Removable Battery
JIMMY JV51 Cons
I didn’t care for the Jimmy JV51’s performance on carpeted floors – it did well removing cat hair sitting on top of the carpet, but the carpet didn’t seem to be truly vacuumed after I ran it across it. If my house consisted mainly of carpet, I wouldn’t get it. And my house does consist mainly of carpet – but I would consider it for the areas that have tile and hardwoods as it works well on those and for quick pick up of cat hair before a guest is coming over, for example.
Clean Air from JIMMY JV51
The air that comes out of the JIMMY JV51 is clean and non-toxic because it’s well filtered before it’s out. There are 4 stages of the filter system:
- The 1 class cyclone in the dust bin;
- The 2 class cyclone in the cyclonic part; The Dual cyclone will filter 99% dust and the rest will be filtered by the HEPA
- The HEPA filter is able to capture and trap up to 99.99% of dust and allergens (particles 0.3 microns and larger)
- The sponge filter at the air outlets;
For those vacuums that still use brushed motor, there will always be the carbon dust when it’s carbon brush is rotating. The JIMMY JV51 uses a digital brushless motor, without a brush and without carbon dust.
Jimmy JV51 Unboxing Video
Jimmy JV51 Product Review Video
Buy the Jimmy JV51
**Save an additional 20% with code Q4LMLTLG – until September 30, 2019**
We received the Jimmy JV51 Vacuum for review from the manufacturer and also asked that they pay a small review fee. Receiving the free product and the review fee did not influence this honest post.