I am a hobby breeder in Alberta , Canada, I have learned so much over the years. My cats are my life now besides work, and with my sons off to college, they keep me out of trouble! And very busy. My cats are very well socialised because they all live with me. I am small, and will stay that way.
1. How long have you been breeding Ragdolls?
I started off very slow, in 2005, and very small.
2. How did you pick Ragdolls to breed?
My first was a seal bicolor rescue,this is how this all started for me, I was very taken by the beauty and the ragdoll temperment.
3. Do you show? Why or why not?
More Like This
Yes, but seems when the shows are going on here, I have litters all born,and I must always be home, but yes, I have shown.
4. What congenital defects are in Ragdolls?
HCM and PKD. All my breeder test negative for both.
5.How are you breeding to avoid those defects?
I have not had HCM or PKD in my program.
6. How large is your breeding operation?
I am small, 6-7 girls, and 2 males.
7. Where do your cats spend most of their time?
In my home free run of my house. Both my boys have their own room. Not caged.
8. Do you breed full time? In other words, do you have another job?
This is my hobby, preparing for the empty nester years. Yes, I am self employed and I can take time off need be, when my kittens are to be born.
9. What sort of health guarantees do you offer?
I offer, 2 year health guarantee, for any genetic problem if any. They will show up in that time frame if any. If this ever happens, I am very flexible to any kitten buyers.
10. What happens if the kitten gets sick?
Well, if one gets the poopies, and will guide them along. Diet and some stress is the main concern, I do go out of my way and fix the problem fast if their is any issues.
11. Do you have any fun adoption stories to share?
Many! Many!! Many! I keep in touch with alot of pets that have left. Which makes me very happy.
12. What makes this kitten or cat “pet quality” or “show quality”?
I sell many show to pet people..I am selective when I do, and if I sell to breeders. Type has to be excellent for show quality. Nice ear set, nice deep blue eyes, proportioned, and of course temperment and a beautiful coat and perfect markings.
13. Do you keep some of your cats for your own?
Yes, I have.
14. How old is your oldest cat?
Almost 4 years old.
15. What is your favorite Ragdoll look?
Hmmmm, well that is hard!! Right look? The Ragdoll standard and the way some of mine just flop and twist their bodies.
16. Do you raise your cats underfoot?
Yes, always! I would not do this if I could not.
17. Do you send photos of the parents before you adopt a kitten? Or do you post the parents on the website?
Always! Yes all my parents are on my website. I have nothing to hide.
18. Do you send the kitten’s pedigree when you adopt a kitten?
When I adopt out a kitten, they can get its pedigree if they choose to with Tica.
19. Will it be a problem if one requests, and wants to pay for, the CatGenes DNA testing before one accepts a kitten?
No, not at all, but at this moment I do not trust CatGenes, the one in Washington is more reputable and accurate at this time.
20. Can people interested in purchasing one of your cats visit your cattery?
Yes for sure. I do have a quiet period here we all need, so I do prefer when a visit is wanted, not when my girls are pregnant.. To keep them not stressed.My kittens cannot be seen or handled till after their first vaxine shots.
21. If a possible adoptee cannot visit your cattery, are you willing to talk to your adoptee on the phone?
I will never sell a kitten with out talking on the phone!
22. How do you honor your health guarantee?
I honor my guarantee always and will go more so if need be.I am very honest, I will help if needed if it ever comes to that.
23. What if a kitten gets adopted and the customer is unhappy with a kitten, what do you do?
Well, had one allergic so took him back 4 weeks later, I do ask they send them back to me always!
24. How are your kittens registered?
With TICA and CFA, but I much prefer TICA.
25. What vaccination brand do you use? And what vaccinations are given, when?
I do the 3 in 1 vaxinations. I do not do rabies, FIP or chlamydia or feline leukemia.We do not need rabies here in Alberta, so why inpose this harsh vaxine if not needed. Ragdolls are inside cats. Many places do need to do rabies, maximium every 3 years. I do NOT believe in over vaxinating our pets.
26. What are the kittens fed?
My kittens eat the raw diet, with all needed, organ meat, ground in bone,taurine, all need in the raw diet. Wet canned food , top quality like natures variety, dry baby cat to start as/intro, then off on to Go Natural grain free dry and canned. I introduce all to all 3 types, to make it easier on the new kitten owner. I always stress about diet…More wet is better than dry kibble. Cats are canavoires, drink little, not like dogs, so if fed only dry, really they will be all dehydrated. Problems in mid life kidney failure, so more wet and if one can do the raw diet all the better.