Floppycats.com asked Nedda Wittels, a pet talker, to answer some questions we had about animal communication as well as questions about her services. Thank you, Nedda, for the interview.
Answers are Copyright of Nedda Wittels.
Interview with Nedda Wittels, B.A., M.S., M.A., Animal Communicator, Shamballa Master, Light Worker.
1. How long have you been communicating with animals?
I have been communicating telepathically with animals since I was a child. Of course, I didn’t realize at the time that I was doing anything special. Then, my parents told me I was just pretending to know what our cats and dogs were thinking or feeling. So I stopped telling others what I was experiencing, but I kept on “pretending” to myself.
While in college at Cornell University, SUNY at New Paltz, and NYU, I rejected the position of behavioral psychologists – that animals are a collection of conditioned responses without emotions or consciousness. I could not deny my own inner truth.
In the 1990’s, a friend lent me Animal Talk: Interspecies Telepathic Communication, by Penelope Smith. Reading this book convinced me that I was not pretending at all, and never had been. I finally recognized animals as sentient beings, intelligent and self-aware, with their own unique perspectives and life purposes.
My horse friend, Echo, was one of my main teachers who prepared me for my work as a professional. While still in her physical body in Connecticut, Echo was telepathically connected with me while I attended a workshop with Penelope Smith in Point Reyes, California, in 1994. Being connected with Echo continuously for the two days of that program dramatically opened my telepathic channels. Now in Spirit, Echo continues to work with me from the higher realms. She is also a teacher in my workshops and sometimes continues to assist and teach clients after the class is over.
2. How does one communicate with animals?
Since 1994, when I began my professional practice, I have conversed with thousands of animals of many species. Distance is no obstacle; telepathic communication is instantaneous even when animals live half-way around the globe.
There are several different ways to communicate telepathically, and I use a variety of techniques, depending on the animal, the situation, and what is needed to help the animal relax and feel comfortable.
- Most often I just sent an intention, gently reach out with my consciousness to touch their consciousness, and say “Hi, my name is Nedda. May I speak with you?”
- Other times, I may ask them if I can merge into their physical body to feel whatever they are feeling or so that we can directly share an experience together.
- Still other times, I invite an animal to come into my heart center, a sacred space, where they can relax and feel secure.
3. Can you share with us, one of your favorite animal communication stories? How it impacted the owner or the animal or both?
One of the most dramatically transformative sessions in my professional career as an Animal Communicator occurred when two dogs who had been fighting to the point of drawing blood made up during the session. The man who called me about his dogs was on the phone with me and actually watched the dogs do exactly what I described each step of the way.
The two dogs were females of different breeds who had been living together as very close and loving friends for many years. That summer, the man’s daughter had come for a visit bringing along her male dog. One of the females “fell in love” with the male and the other female became very jealous. When the daughter and her dog left, the two females started viciously fighting. Despite asking for help from veterinarians and dog trainers, the situation remained unresolved until the day of our conversation.
At one point during the session, one of the dogs started to leave the room, and I described seeing her, in my mind, walk away. “I see her leaving the room,” I said; then she turned around and headed back. “She’s coming back now,” I told the man, and sure enough, she did. Then she went over to her “sister/friend” canine and began to lick her ear. I saw this, also, in my mind, and the man confirmed that, not only was she doing it right then and there, but this had been a way the two females had expressed affection before all the fighting started. The dogs apologized telepathically, and the man reported to me that they never fought again. To read what the man, himself, experienced during our session, visit http://www.raysofhealinglight.com/204_ac_testimonials.htm.
4. Do you prefer to communicate with younger or older animals?
5. Do you prefer to communicate with a certain type of animal? I mean, do you do better with cats, dogs, horses? Do you even talk to reptiles?
I have no personal preference for speaking to any particular species, age, sex, or breed. I have had wonderful experiences in conversations with cats, dogs, horses, llamas, bees, a pet tarantula, bacteria, wolves, fish, iguanas, and many others. I also have had fascinating conversations with trees, Nature Spirits, and elementals.
There is sentient life all around us, and if one is open to communicating with them, they, for the most part, will communicate with us. It requires being respectful of who they are and not expecting anything in particular to happen in the communication. To open yourself up to receive telepathically, it’s a good idea to begin with these keys:
- Be open, relaxed, and grounded – take some deep breaths and send energy down your legs and central channel into the Earth.
- Be a “blank slate” with no expectations.
- Stay out of judgment about anything and everything you may experience.
- Have a clear intention to make the connection.
- Make note of everything you experience.
I teach a teleseries called TWA (Telepathy With Animals – Animal Communication Coaching Program) where participants learn these and many other techniques to expand their consciousness and develop their telepathic abilities with animals.
6. How do your services work? Do you come to my home? Do I bring my pet to you? Do you communicate LIVE over the phone or in person?
Most of my sessions take place while I’m on the phone with the human client. The telepathic conversation is not limited by distance. It is instantaneous, whether you live down the street from me or in Australia, Africa, Europe, South America, or somewhere in North America or Asia (or maybe even on the moon). This makes it possible for me to speak with animals everywhere and anywhere.
The animals don’t even have to speak “English” or be familiar with the English language. Telepathy is a language of images, feelings, physical sensations, knowings, intuitions, and other forms, including words. My job is to act as a translator and to facilitate resolution of a situation. You are included in everything that takes place because I describe to you whatever I am experiencing telepathically.
My services include:
- Private Animal Communication sessions;
- Shamballa distance healings for humans and animals;
- Spiritual Empowerment sessions for humans;
- TWA (Telepathy With Animals – Animal Communication Coaching Program);
- Heart Centered Living Coaching Program.
During all of my private sessions, you and I work together so that you can experience Exploration–Inspiration–Transformation.
- Exploration – I listen with my heart and mind, and quickly seeing through mental and emotional confusion, pain, and fog to find the nexus of a situation. I listen to you and to your animal, if the session involves your animal friend.
- Inspiration – While providing compassionate support, I facilitates your abilities to use your inner strengths, courage, and resources to shift to new levels of understanding and insight.
- Transformation – You experience taking back your personal power, control over, and responsibility for your life and your situation as you and I (and your animal companion) plan appropriate next steps towards resolution of your situation.
7. What do you charge for your services? Do you have a package deal?
My rates vary depending on the type of session. Please visit my website for specific rates, fees, and how to schedule a session.
I can speak with more than one animal during a session and can even do a “conference call” when appropriate. A “conference call” is when a number of animals are linked into me all at once. This can be helpful when there are changes coming or taking place at the time of the call that affect the whole family, like moving or a vacation, and so on. Of course, each animal is given an opportunity to ask questions and share feelings about such changes.
If a person is not with the an animal who is upset or worried about something, I become like the telephone line and the animal will actually hear your voice through me. This can be very comforting when the animal is in the veterinary hospital or in other situations when you and the animal are physically separated.
8. Why do you think animal communication is valuable?
Animals are sentient beings – conscious and self-aware. They have feelings and thoughts. They are not forever babies because they are smaller than we are. They may be puppies and kittens and foals at some point, but they grow up, just like human children grow up, and most want to be treated as adults. When we acknowledge them as adults with life purposes and life choices, we are showing respect for them.
Animals often feel better when they can express how they are feeling and know they are heard and understood. Animal Communication can help in many situations because the animal can be included in creating a solution, in sharing feelings and resolving conflicts.
Animal Communication also helps people whose animals are sick, preparing for death, or who have already passed into spirit. It helps people who are grieving to know that their animal’s spirit is OK and that they, the human, do not need to hold onto their feelings of guilt or loss, and that the animal knows they are still loved.
9. Do you think if a vet would incorporate animal communication into their practice it would be helpful?
I know of several veterinarians who are already doing this. They use animal communication as part of their practice, although they don’t tell most of their clients that they can “hear” the animals. The veterinarians who have talked to me about it find that they can help the animal be calmer by explaining more about what is going on and what is going to happen (in essence, answering the animals’ questions). They can also ask the animal questions and get helpful information directly from him/her.
10. Are you able to communicate with an animal in the after life? How does that work?
I can speak with animals wherever they are, both in and out of a body. Animals are Consciousness or Spirit. When I speak with an animal, I am speaking with their spirit. It is just a matter of setting the intention to connect and then allowing the connection to happen. I can also check to see if an animal is still in a body or is in the process of moving out or has completely disconnected from their body.
When animals have reincarnated back into a body, I am unable to reach them because they are focused on their new life in their new body. Otherwise, it is just as easy for me to speak with them while they are in the spirit realm as when they are in physical form.
Nedda Wittels offers private Animal Communication sessions; Shamballa Healings for humans and animals; Spiritual Empowerment sessions for humans; TWA (Telepathy With Animals – Animal Communication Coaching Program); and the Heart Centered Living Coaching Program. Join her mailing list at http://www.RaysOfHealingLight.com to get the free report “Eleven Keys to a Win/Win With Your Animals” and to read more about Heart Centered Living, Spiritual Ascension, and Animal Communication. Meet her colleagues at http://www.AnimalCommunicatorForum.com.