Interview with Jennifer Reynolds of the sodacanshop Etsy Shop
My name is Jennifer and I am the creator behind sodacanshop. I make new and exciting stuff out of recycled soda cans. I love all things made from what other people would consider trash.
Etsy Shop: sodacanshop
1. How did you get interested in cats? How old were you when you had your first kitty?
I became interested in cats in elementary school when you would see all of the cute kitten calendars for the fundraisers. I got my first cat when I was on my own , I rescued him from a tree and had to bottle feed him he was black and white so I named him oreo.
2. Please describe your creative process.
I try to envision how the final product will look or what it may be best suited for and I craft them to this vision.
3. How did you discover Etsy? Did you consider other ways to sell your products?
More Like This
I was looking for a fun fresh platform to sell and having done crafts for many years I had heard about Etsy in multiple places. Yes I also have two Artfire shops, I would like to expand even more but Etsy is keeping me very busy right now.
4. Do you sell your products in a local store in your area?
I do not sell locally yet, still trying to get logistics in order.
5. Have you been successful at selling your products on Etsy? Have you always been successful, or did you end up getting a lot more traffic after being featured on a specific blog?
I have been quite successful on Etsy, I had always had an okay amount of traffic, but recently I was featured on Heartsy and ModernCat blog and that has really boosted my awareness in so many ways.
6. Do your customers ever give you new ideas for products?
All the time and if I can make it for them I will add it to my collection.
7. Have you thought of featuring a Ragdoll cat is some way? (Had to ask.)
Not until now, but as I said if I can I will. I’m finding new and interesting tools to help fill all ideas.
8. Are you a one wo/man show?
Yes and No. I do everything the listing, pictures, making, cutting, etc. but my daughter is always happy to lend a hand when I get really busy.
9. Do you have a blog?
Unfortunately I don’t, I have just not had the time to spend on one yet.
10. Do you do custom ordering? Can someone return it if they don’t care for it?
I will do any custom order possible without question. And of course if you are dissatisfied we will exchange or refund for you.
11. Can you share a story with us behind any of your products that you especially enjoyed working on? Maybe because of the story behind the kitty?
I got a lot of joy out of the project I worked on for the SPCA. I donated some cat and dog jewelry for a fundraiser they were having. I was so happy that my jewelry could help save and take care of animals, I am a huge animal lover and have 2 cats and 4 dogs myself.