Post Published on February 14, 2010 | Last Updated on February 2, 2015 by Jenny
Please Note: Floppycats.com received word on September 12, 2010 that DC Dolls was no longer in business!
Floppycats.com did an Interview with Elise Favin of DC Dolls Ragdoll Cattery.
How long have you been breeding Ragdolls?
I’ve had Ragdoll cats for many years but have only been breeding Ragdolls for a little over a year.
How did you pick Ragdolls to breed?
I have been showing and breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniel dogs for over 12 years now and when I learned that the Ragdoll cat had the same laidback floppy temperment as the Cavaliers, I had to have one as a pet. Then, after immediately falling in love with the breed, I wanted a Ragdoll to show and the rest is history 🙂
Do you show? Why or why not?
Yes, I love showing my cats. I show in both TICA and CFA.
What congenital defects are in Ragdolls?
HCM & PKD.
How are you breeding to avoid those defects?
Yes, we DNA test all of our cats in hopes of reducing HCM and PKD in the breed.
How large is your breeding operation?
My breeding program is small to medium sized I would say.
Where do your cats spend most of their time?
Our cats are a major part of our family and live in our house with us. We wouldn’t want it other other way.
Do you breed full time? In other words, do you have another job?
I am a dog groomer and work out of my house so I am home all day to care for my kittens.
What sort of health guarantees do you offer?
One year hereditary guarantee.
Do you have any fun adoption stories to share?
Everyone is just so excited to bring their new baby home.
What makes this kitten or cat “pet quality” or “show quality”?
A lot goes into deciding which kittens will be held back for show. A lot of our kittens are show quality but are offered to loving pet homes instead. First and foremost we want our kittens to be happy and well loved.
Do you keep some of your cats for your own?
How old is your oldest cat?
My oldest Ragdoll cat is 6 years old and very healthy.
What is your favorite Ragdoll look?
I love the seal mitted with blaze. That is my most favorite I think. My seal mitted with blaze that I call Shinka is my idea Ragdoll in size and type.
Do you raise your cats underfoot?
If you are a Ragdoll breeder and would like to be interviewed, please contact Floppycats.com and reference the Interview with Elise Favin of DC Dolls Ragdoll Cattery. Or you can always just answer the 15 questions; I’ve listed above and e-mail them to Floppycats.com.
Floppycats.com has interviewed the following Ragdoll breeders. If you would like to read their interview, please click on any of them below.
- Entrevista con Beatriz Alburquerque de Bleu Regard Doux
- Interview with Debbie Le Strange of Guynsdolls Ragdolls
- Interview with Elise Favin of DC Dolls Ragdolls
- Interview with Gemma Smulders of Gemsdolls Ragdolls in the Netherlands
- Interview with Heather Kerns of Castletop Dolls
- Interview with Judy Mackey of GalaxyRags Cattery
- Interview with Ken Staples of Kasseldolls
- Interview with Kristie Long of Longfellow Ragdolls
- Interview with Linda Sidor of Purrfect Dolls
- Interview with Lise Cardinal of Rainbow Ragdolls
- Interview with Liz Thurman of Bourdeaux Ragdolls
- Interview with Melissa Keefer of Pretty Kitty Ragdolls
- Interview with Robin Childers of Ragmania Ragdolls
- Interview with Ryan Cross and Beth Miller of Angel Girl Ragdolls
- Interview with Stacy Morgan of Stafra Ragdolls
- Interview with Terri Ann of Furrballz Ragdolls