- Cat Toothbrush
- Cat Toothpaste – Flavored to appeal to cats – you can buy them from your veterinarian or from a pet supply store.
The 4-week Process of How to Brush Cat Teeth(this process is especially important if you have an older cat that you are trying to get used to the idea of having his or her teeth brushed):
- Week 1- Let your cat get used to the taste of the toothpaste, which is usually flavored to appeal to their pallets.
- Week 2 – Start putting the toothpaste on your finger and begin to touch your cat’s canines with your finger that has the toothpaste on it. Follow this process by a reward, like giving your cat his or her favorite treat.
- Week 3 – Put the cat toothpaste on the cat toothbrush and start to put the toothbrush in the cat’s mouth, so that the cat gets used to the feel of the toothbrush in his or her mouth.
- Week 4 – Start to brush your cat’s teeth. Only do the outside of your cat’s teeth, don’t bother going on the inside of the teeth, as their tongue can pretty much take care of that area.