Post Published on September 8, 2016 | Last Updated on April 1, 2021 by Jenny
Share Your Cat’s Story
Floppycats.com wants to hear your Ragdoll cat’s story! Send us your submission for Ragdoll of the Week or Ragdoll Kitten of the Month to share the history of your beloved pet with a community of Ragdoll cat lovers.
The Ragdoll cat information and anecdotes that you share are a great opportunity for other pet owners to gather tips and new ideas, to discuss similar experiences, and to share in the common bond of a love of Ragdoll kitties – remember that the more you share, the better the responses will be! This is also a great way for potential Ragdoll owners to get ideas for Ragdoll cat names.
If you are interested in participating in one of these submissions, here are some general guidelines:
- Story – Submit a 500-word story (roughly a page in Microsoft Word) about your kitty. You are NOT limited to 500 words – you are welcome to submit a story of 4,000 words, for example. I just require the minimum of 500 words. For ideas on what to write about, see questions below.
- Photos – Send 3-8 images of your kitty (appropriate to the story makes it more fun!) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The limit is eight photos. Please select the photos you want to appear on the site and DO NOT send me extra photos to choose from. A few other photo guidelines to keep in mind for sending pics of your Ragdoll cat:
- Please do not embed your photos into a Word document and submit them that way – unfortunately, we have no way of extracting from the Word doc, so we will have to email you back to get the photos individually. Rather, please attach each item individually in one email.
- Please know we look for photos that are close-up portraits of excellent quality, in sharp, clear focus and without flashbulb effects.
- You must own the copyright to any photos you submit or provide the appropriate copyright info and permissions from the person that does.
- To send multiple photos via your iPhone – go to “Photos” and then go to the album where the needed photos are. Then click “Edit” in the upper right hand corner, select the photos you’d like to send (you can’t send more than five at once, so be sure to limit it to five), and then click on “Share” – then click on “Mail” and add our email address: email@example.com.
- Videos – A Ragdoll cat video or two is not required, but definitely welcome – especially if they are related to your story! Please first upload the video to YouTube or Vimeo and then send us the direct link to the video on YouTube or Vimeo, so that we can then just embed that video on the site.
- Ragdoll of the Week – The only limitation for Ragdoll of the Week submissions is that your kitty needs to be at least one year old. If you’re kitty has passed (has died) s/he is still welcome!
- Ragdoll Kitten of the Month – If your kitty is under one year old, you are welcome to submit their story for Ragdoll Kitten of the Month. Kitten of the Month is currently set through October 2016, so if your kitten will be over age one by that point, just go ahead and submit to Ragdoll of the Week.
- Original content – Floppycats.com can accept original content ONLY – so if you have your Ragdoll cat’s story on another website, for example, you will need to submit a unique version of it here.
In your 500-word story, we would love to know about your own history with Ragdolls, the unique personality of your cat and any recommendations you can pass on to fellow Ragdoll owners. Think of including this kind of information:
- Where did you get your Ragdoll from? Was it through a breeder or a rescue?
- If it was a breeder, please include the breeder’s website address, if they have one. Would you recommend that Ragdoll cat breeder?
- How did you become interested in Ragdolls?
- How old is your kitty? When was your kitty born? Have you had your kitty its entire life? In other words, since s/he was a kitten?
- What does your kitty like to do? Or not like to do?
- Why did you give your kitty his or her name?
- Are there any products you would recommend for Ragdolls – whether they are treats, food, toys, bed, scratching posts, etc. – because your kitty really loves them?
Your pet’s story will be featured on this site and be shared with the Floppycats.com community of visitors. When your cat or kitten’s story is finally published, Floppycats.com will send you the URL address, and you can forward the page to your friends and family to show off your all-star kitty!
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Floppycats.com about your Ragdoll’s story.
What makes your Ragdoll kitty so special to you? Submit your story to us!