I reached out to the folks at Petmate to inquire about their carriers. I was looking for one carrier that Charlie and Trigg could fit in together for our trips to the Lake – Lake of the Ozarks ,which is 3 hours south of Kansas City. I wanted them to be in a crate that was built for a large dog, for example, but that fit in the back of a sedan. Of course, such a cat pet carrier wouldn’t be ideal for taking them to the vet or anything along those lines, but I was looking more for a kitty RV type of thing.
Unfortunately (or fortunately) I didn’t convey that correctly to Petmate – they thought I was looking for travel pet carriers that fit each cat based on their weight.
So based on that, Petmate sent us two pet travel carriers to test out. Petmate did a fantastic job matching up pet carriers for cats with the weight of each of my cats. We received the Double Door Deluxe® and Kennel Cab® Fashion Pet Carriers by Petmate – you can see photos of each one below.
Charlie and Trigg were due for a vet visit – for some shots and an overall check, so that was our first experience of using them. The photos taken above were at the vet.
These small pet carriers were great for going to the vet and they would also work for our trips to the lake. They are durable and I also like that they are a collapsible pet carrier.
As you can tell from the photo to the left – one of the great things about these carriers is that you can “unbuckle” the sides of the carriers, so that you can have access to your kitty. It is also a great way for your kitty to feel safe during his or her visits to the vet because most times, the vet can access the kitty without stressing out the cat by removing s/he from the carrier.
Here are the features of the Kennel Cab® Fashion Pet Carrier:
- We got the Medium 23″ x 15.2″ x 11.8″
- heavy-duty plastic shells
- seatbelt slot to secure your pet
- Top and bottom shells lock together securely with front, back and side latches
- durable wire door to keep your cat securely contained
- side and back ventilation holes to promote healthy air flow
- a floor perimeter moat to keep your cat dry
- storage compartment contains a travel water cup or for stowing your pet’s travel accessories
- meets most airline requirements
- 5 Year Limited Warranty
- Made in USA
Double Door Deluxe® Features:
- We got the Medium which measures 23″ x 14.5″ x 12″
- front and top loading wire doors
- snap together system with rotary ABS dials
- durable plastic containing ventilation holes to promote healthy air flow
Of the two carriers, I preferred the Kennel Cab® Fashion Pet Carrier for cats. Why? I just like the design more as well as the protection the kitty feels with a closed top.
Here are some videos that I shot of the cats in the carriers – I also talk about the features and benefits of them during the videos. The second video shows how they fit in the back of a Nissan Sentra.
Do you have a Petmate carrier? Which one? Do you like it? Why or why not?