Post Published on April 20, 2015 | Last Updated on July 8, 2021 by Jenny
Original review: Oct 2, 2013
UPDATE! April 21, 2015
We’ve had the Cat Power Tower for some time now. We review a lot of products and live in a small house, so I certainly can’t and don’t keep everything that we review. However, the Cat Power Tower will probably be one that stands the test of time…in other words, it’s not going anywhere.
I did a video to show you what it looks like today – however, if you follow us on our Facebook page or our YouTube channel, for example, you will see it often. The cats are on it frequently and daily.
It’s easy to vacuum and clean – and looks nearly as good as the day we got it – the sisal on the scratching post has held up well and so has the carpet – with the exception of some fraying, but I can cut that off to make it look nice again. That’s also to be expected with cat claws.
Many Floppycats’ readers have written to me to tell me how much they like it as well as their cats!
Original review is posted below. Enjoy!
The Cat Power Tower is much more than a modern cat tree – it is like a cat super station. As you can see in the videos below, it comes standard with three different platforms, a 32″ high scratching post fit with a carousel and a 27″ sisal scratching board.
Perhaps the coolest thing about the Cat Power Tower is the one feature where you can set the tower in the “automatic” setting, where the spring board turns the tower on and off by the cats jumping on and off of it. If you watch the review video, you will see how this happens. It’s rad.
I ended up making a list of things I wanted to cover in our final review YouTube video, and thought it might be fun to just post that list here since it covers what I like about the product.
- Well Made/Quality Materials – it’s heavy and sturdy and I love the inter-locking parts. I was so impressed while putting it together – which you can see in the arrival video below.
- Multiple Platforms – As you can see in the photo, there are 3 platforms. The Hunting Platform and then two carpet platforms. On the Hunting Platform, you can put treats and toys in the holes for the kitties to fish out. The Carpet Platforms can be removed to be vacuumed, cleaned and you can store toys underneath the top one. Since the carpet platform “lid” can be removed, it leaves a “box” for your kitty to lay in. So if you have a kitty that likes “lips” on their beds, then you could just permanently remove the lid and put a blanket in there. We received a few comments by folks that watched the arrival video and were concerned about the safety of the Hunting Platform. We never had an issue with it – but honestly, if the pads are positioned where both of them are located at the front edge of the Hunting Platform, it’s virtually impossible for cats to hit the exposed holes when exiting the tower as they are tucked below the Play Platform (see review video below where I touch on this).
- Scratching Options – As you know, I am not a fan of carpet scratchers, so it is nice that there is a cylinder scratching post that is 32″ high. The Woven Sisal Scratching Board 27″ High Board is another place for your kitty to scratch.
- Powered Carousel – Located on top of the cylinder scratching post, in the photo there is a bird carousel. But it can be switched out with other carousel options: feather teasers, including realistic furry mice and scrunch balls.
- Size – It’s a great size for large breed cats.
- All-in-One – if you live in a small space or an apartment and are looking for one cat toy that does it all
- Customizable – if you contact Andy, the creator, he can substitute platforms, make them out of sisal and more. Order it just how you’d like for it to be.
It took me about 1 hour to put it together, but that might have to do with the fact that I was filmming while doing so. Andy, the creator of the Cat Power Tower has a video on YouTube of how to put it together, but it also comes with great visual instructions on how to do so.
I have been pleasantly surprised by how much the cats are on it – they love it – both of them.
Pat the Cat runs Cat Power Tower’s Facebook page and does the most hilarious of posts – definitely worth following Cat Power Tower on Facebook.
Right now, Cat Power Tower is being offered at $100 OFF! Just order through their website.
Cat Power Tower Modern Cat Tree Review Arrival Video:
Cat Power Tower Modern Cat Tree Final Review Video:
We received the Cat Power Tower from the manufacturer. Receiving the free product did not influence this post.