Breathe Free Litterbox Mate is made by White Cliff Pet Products, LLC. A Floppycats’ reader reached out to me and asked me if I had ever tried these litter box odor eliminator pads, and I had not. She said that she had bought some of the pads and that they were working out quite well for her.
Breathe Free Litterbox Mate is a cat litterbox pad that uses natural minerals to eliminate the ammonia odors typically found in litter boxes. It helps to neutralize and eliminate the smells in litter boxes.
So I reached out to Breathe Free Litterbox Mate to see if they would send us some to review. And they did.
Breathe Free Litterbox Mate says, “The minerals in the pad are natural from good old mother earth and completely safe for all animals and humans. In fact after the pads are exhausted (around 30 days) you can snip off the edges and pour the minerals in the garden and it is natural fertilizer.”
I like the idea of Breathe Free Litterbox Mate because I am not a fan of litter with harsh perfumes or chemicals, because it typically leads to inappropriate elimination behavior in kitties.
Breathe Free Litterbox Mate is very new on the market – they just started shipping product on March 6, 2013.
I would like to see the pad be more of a checker board pattern (as I explain in the final review video) – but it did work just fine as it is. This is just a personal preference.
More Like This
Here is our arrival video:
And our final review video:
We did a quick Q&A session with Breathe Free Litterbox Mate based on questions Floppycats’ readers came up with on Facebook – here are the questions and Breathe Free Litterbox Mate’s answers.
1. Are the minerals and ingredients harmful if actually ingested by a cat or dog?
NO THE MINERALS ARE ALL NATURAL FROM GOOD OLD MOTHER EARTH
2. What happens if my kitty’s claws break the liner when they’re scratching to cover up their business?
THE PAD IS STILL GOOD, AS THEY CAN’T CLAW IT UP DUE TO THE ADHESIVES ON THE BOTTOM OF THE PAD. IF THE PAD DOES TEAR A BIT THERE ARE STILL PLENTY OF MINERALS IN THE BAFFLES TO ADSORB ODOR. THE BEST WAY TO INSURE PROPER USE IS TO KEEP 3-4 INCHES OF LITTER IN THE PAN SO IT MAKE IT HARDER TO DIG TO THE BOTTOM
3. How do you know when to switch them out? Other than the recommended 30 days? For example, I would think a household with 4 cats might need them changed more often than a household with 1 cat.
ITS TIME TO SWITCH WHEN THEY BEGIN TO GET THAT LITTER BOX ODOR.
4. Do you plan on making anti virus ones that can kill the corona virus?
WE ARE LOOKING AND TESTING TO SEE WHAT OTHER BACTERIA/VIRUS THE MINERAL CAN ABSORB THROUGH TESTING
5. Does the pad come in different sizes?
AT PRESENT THE CURRENT SIZE IS 16.5′ X 11. WE ARE DEVELOPING SMALLER AND LARGER SIZES BASED ON DEMAND
6. Does it work equally well with all types of litter – scoopable, regular, etc.?
BEST WITH SCOOPABLE AS IT DRIES OUT THE OFFERING BUT IT WORKS WITH REGULAR AS WELL
7. How easy is it to remove… I think their site said there is adhesive on the backside…. Is it OK not to use the adhesive?
IT PULLS UP EASILY AND THE GREAT THING ABOUT OUR PRODUCT THERE IS NO MORE SCRAPING THE BOTTOM OF THE BOX AS ALL THE OFFERINGS STAY OF THE BOTTOM AND ARE DRIED OUT ON THE SIDES. IT IS RECOMMENDED TO WIPE THE BOTTOM AND DRY BEFORE PUT IN NEW PAD
8. Do they fit inside the NVR Miss Boxes?
We received the Breathe Free Litterbox Mate from the manufacturer. Receiving the free product did not influence this post.