Last Updated on November 6, 2021 by Jenny
All products featured on the site are independently selected by the editor of Floppycats, Jenny Dean. However, when you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission. Floppycats also accepts private sponsorships and participates as an affiliate in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. You can read our full disclosure at the bottom of the page.
Best Vacuums for Ragdoll Cat Hair According to Ragdoll Cat OwnersWe get a lot of emails inquiring about what the best vacuum is for Ragdoll cat hair, aka, long haired cats. So I’ve asked on our Facebook page a few times to see what everyone likes and uses. It seems that there is a lot of passion behind the kind of vacuum to use. So I wanted to do a post about it. I have put the vacuums in order according to the number of times people mentioned them in the post. Of course, this is not very scientific, but rather was the way I choose to organize them. I also included comments that readers said about them. Do you have a favorite vacuum for vacuuming cat hair? If so, please leave a comment below, letting us know the brand and model as well as a description as to why you like it so much – that way other Ragdoll cat owners can benefit!
Shark VacuumsReaders seem to like two models of the Shark vacuums – the Navigator and the Rocket.
- “Shark navigator – love it and it’s a fraction of the cost of a Dyson.”
- “Shark Navigator! Never had a vacuum this good. When you see all the stuff it pulls out of carpets, you’ll know your old vacuum wasn’t doing much good!”
- “I have the Shark Navigator (Swivel Steering) 2X capacity. No bag. You can’t believe the cat hair I pick up. Love it“
- “Shark Navigator. I use mine every week. It is light and really sucks. REALLY SUCKS. I have to empty the container at least twice each time.“
- “I’ve had Dysons and now I have a Shark. I love it!“
- “Shark. They also have a pet attachment that will get cat hair off of furniture also. Love it!
- “I like the navigator for the carpet but the rocket for all the rest. It’s great on hard floors, blinds, furniture, walls, pillows.”
- “Shark Rocket!!! Period! Best picker upper of Ragdoll fur!”
- “I have two sharks and I love them. I couldn’t live without the rocket cuz it snakes around everything great. And the suction is awesome! I’m a clean freak and I think the shark beats everything out there, and trust me I have had them all.“
- “Shark navigator. It works great for a Ragdoll who gives off clumps as opposed to hairs“
- “The Dysons are nice but they don’t get under or around stuff because of that big ball on it. That rocket can get under or around everything.”
Dyson VacuumsReaders seemed to use a variety of Dysons – see all the ones they mentioned below.
- “Love my purple Dyson!!“
- ” I have a dyson animal it’s brilliant“
- “I have three Dyson vacuums: Dyson DC41 Animal, Dyson DC44 Animal handheld and Dyson DC56 Hard. I have two Ragdolls and a Miniature Schnauzer. They work great .”
- “Dysons are fantastic! We have DC – 59 & 65 animals and they suck everything up! We also have a Roomba that runs daily to keep up with anything we miss. There all pricey, but they make our lives easy!”
- “Dyson DC23 – Hard floor AND carpet attachments. Just need to empty it frequently.”
Miele VacuumsA few readers mentioned how much they liked the Miele canister vacuums for their cat hair.
- “Miele cat and dog canister – excellent. Filters air, extremely powerful, bag snaps in and closes to capture and contain all dander. Very good reviews on-line showing comparisons to canister style like Dyson.”
- Carole writes, “I had to get a new vacuum cleaner and I LOVE the one I purchased. I wanted to share it with you and your “Ragdoll Readers.” It is a HOOVER UH70102 and came with TWO pet tools. I picked it up at Best Buy. My friend purchased a similar one thru Amazon.”