When we first reviewed a WooPet product – it was their cat litter mat. I love them. And when we were finished with that review, I asked them if they had anything else for us to review. They told me about the WooPet placemats, so I decided to give them a whirl. I knew readers liked having cat placemats, but I didn’t think I would like them that much. Man, was I wrong.
Here are 5 benefits of having a cat food mat with a lip like the WooPet cat placemat:
- Protects your floors – If you have hardwood floors where you feed your pet, then more than likely over time with wet food or spilled water, there could be damage to your floors. This pet placemat helps to protect floors.
- Makes clean-up a lot easier – Since stuck on food pops easily off the silicone mat, it makes clean-up a breeze. Whereas before I had to scratch to get it off my tile floor
- Safe – this one is 100% food grade silicon is non-toxic, non-allergenic.
- Helps Food Bowls Stay in Place – the bowls can’t be slid around on top of the mat – of course, they can be knocked over – depending on the bowl used (no pet though, can knock over a PawNosh Cubby Bowl). But it reminds me – my mom used to feed our German Shepherds in stainless steel bowls on our tile floor – and as they licked up their food, their bowl would move ever so slightly – and so they had to move too. Inevitably, the bowl would end up in the corner or on the baseboards with the dogs trying to get every last morsel. If we had had these placemats, the bowls would have stayed in one place and so would have the dogs =).
- Mat Stays in Place – designed bump surface, non-slip grip under pet mat so that the pet feeding station stay in place.
Here’s a recent video I did talking about how much I like the WooPet placemat.
Do you have a placemat for your cat? Why or why not?