Author Kim Maxwell of The Friendly Floppy Ragdoll Cat and I decided to exchange our books (mine being A Ragdoll Kitten Care Guide: Bringing Your Ragdoll Kitten Home) and review them. So Kim sent me a copy of hers and I electronically sent her a copy of mine.
I have communicated with Kim either personally or through several Yahoo! Ragdoll cats groups that we both belong to as well as on Facebook for several years now.
Kim took a long time to do the research and gather the necessary photos for the book.
As it turns out, all of her hard work paid off.
The Friendly Floppy Ragdoll Cat is an awesome reference guide that helps with subjects of health, temperament, coloration, habits and more. It truly reminds me of a text book – where you can reference it whenever you have a question. It touches on everything you need to understand about a Ragdoll cat – without always going into the nitty gritty.
I love that the book is jammed full of photos! I also like that Alissa Pendorf’s Ragdoll portrait on page of 197 is of my man, Charlie!
Here’s the printed painted version:
Here’s the original photo:
While I wanted to contribute photos to the book, unfortunately I couldn’t commit to it because of the legal documentation I had to sign in order to do so. Having a website like floppycats makes it hard to give over rights of my photos.
Here’s a chapter by chapter breakdown of the book:
- Chapter One: The Remarkable Ragdoll
- Chapter Two: Colors and Patterns
- Chapter Three: Ragdoll or RagaMuffin, What’s the Difference?
- Chapter Four: The Mysterious Beginning Ann Baker
- Chapter Five: Finding and Choosing Your Ragdoll
- Chapter Six: Bringing Your Ragdoll Home
- Chapter Seven: My Furbabies
- Chapter Eight: Toys and Trees
- Chapter Nine: Grooming and Cleaning
- Chapter Ten: Food
- Chapter Eleven: Dangers and Emergencies
- Chapter Twelve: Litter and Litter Boxes
- Chapter Thirteen: No-No’s— Deterring Unwanted Behavior
- Chapter Fourteen: Your Ragdoll and Travel
- Chapter Fifteen: Feline Traits and Characteristics
- Chapter Sixteen: Veterinarians and Vaccinations
- Chapter Seventeen: Feline Health, Illness and Diseases
- Chapter Eighteen: Saying Goodbye
- Resources and References
- Glossary including abbreviations
Here’s a video that points out some of my favorite parts of the book:
The Friendly Floppy Ragdoll Cat book sells for $55.00 & ships for FREE with Amazon.com’s Super Saver Shipping.
Do you have any questions about this Ragdoll Cat book that I can answer?
You may also like:
About the Author (Author Profile)Hi, I’m Jenny Dean, creator of Floppycats! Ever since my Aunt got the first Ragdoll cat in our family, I have loved the breed. Inspired by my childhood Ragdoll cat, Rags, I created Floppycats to connect, share and inspire other Ragdoll cat lovers around the world,
Sites That Link to this Post
- Interview with Kimberly Maxwell of The Friendly Floppy Ragdoll Cat Book | April 25, 2012
- Top 15 Favorite Cat Products Reviewed in 2012 | February 23, 2013