Floppycats is not a Ragdoll Rescue – however, we know many people find this page needing help to locate a Ragdoll cat rescue. This page is intended to list resources to help people looking for a Ragdoll cat in need of rescue. If you know of additional resources, please do add them to the comments on this page.
Unfortunately, as with most pets, Ragdoll cats need to be rescued! While there is no one Rescue Group for Ragdolls in the United States, there are several Ragdoll Cat Rescue groups (please see the links to them below), but you can always check with breeders to see if they have any retired breeder Ragdolls that need to find a permanent forever home and sometimes breeders know of cats needing to be rehomed for a variety of reasons.
Finding a Ragdoll Rescue can be a lot of work, but it will be well worth your effort! Below is a list of resources online that might have Ragdolls listed for adoption. Make sure you check out all the Ragdoll cat rescues, because if there is a cat that you are interested in, but is not in your area, sometimes arrangements can be made to get that feline to you through RESCUE AND TRANSPORTATION GROUPS.
Also, please be aware that most shelters list Ragdolls erroneously under Himalayan and/or Siamese, since Ragdolls are still not a very well-known breed of cat.
Another great resource for finding a Ragdoll is to do a search on Petfinder.com or Craigslist.com in your home town or surrounding areas. There are a lot of Ragdolls out there that have been called a Himalayan or Siamese, so be sure to check them all! On Craig’s List, it is very important to be careful with the transaction. You want to meet in a public place, exchange cash only and be very careful.
- Purebreds Plus Rescue
- Ragdoll Rescue USA South
- Ragdoll Rescue USA North
- Merlin’s Hope: A Ragdoll and Maine Coon Rescue – Located in Ennis, TX and serving TX and nearby states if you come to them!
- Ragdoll Rescue – Yahoo! Group
- The Rescue Siamese Email List
- Ragdoll Rescue on Rescueme.org – Search for Ragdolls in Need in your state. Phone (rescue emergencies only please): (888) 303-9454 [toll free]
- Ragdoll International Rescue
- Yahoo! Group Rescue – If you sign up for the Yahoo! Group (just requires a free Yahoo! ID), then you can get daily notices of Ragdolls or Ragdoll wannabes (cats that look like Ragdolls but probably have no “Ragdoll genes”)across the country. Or go to Google (see search box below) and type in (your area) shelter OR (your area) cat rescue.
- Rescue for Purebreds and Wannabees
- Spot Society
- Pet Finder
- Craigslist.com – Be sure to read about scams on Craig’s List – you can find Ragdoll cats needing rehoming no here, but there are also a lot scams, so be very careful.
- Overstock.com Pet Rescue
Need help getting your kitty to you? Or want to help transport a kitty? Here’s an extensive list of RESCUE AND TRANSPORTATION GROUPS
Once you’ve found the Ragdoll that you were looking for, you might check out a list of names for your kitty, if you don’t think the name she or he was given at the shelter was appropriate for her or his personality.If you currently have a resident kitty who you are thinking about finding a friend for, be sure to read our How to Introduce New Cats to Your Household page.
Did you rescue a Ragdoll cat? How or where did you find your Ragdoll cat in need?
You may also like:
About the Author (Author Profile)Hi, I’m Jenny Dean, creator of Floppycats! Ever since my Aunt got the first Ragdoll cat in our family, I have loved the breed. Inspired by my childhood Ragdoll cat, Rags, I created Floppycats to connect, share and inspire other Ragdoll cat lovers around the world,
Sites That Link to this Post
- Manny, the Rescue Cat – Part I « Acorn Alley Designs | July 7, 2010
- Interview with Stacy Morgan of STAFRA RAGDOLLS | September 13, 2010
- Ragdoll Breeders in MN | September 13, 2010
- Ragdoll Breeders | November 12, 2010