A long time ago (or it seems like it), I wrote a blog post about the buying a Ragdoll cat. A Ragdoll cat price does vary quite a bit depending on the potential show and breeder quality of the cat in question.
I thought it would be fun to show the prices of the Ragdoll cats my family has purchased:
- Rags, purchased in 1989 with his brother Cosby – $350/ea
- Caymus and Murphy, purchased in 2004 – $600/ea (reduced by $50 each because my parents were buying 2)
- Charlie and Trigg, purchased in 2009 – $800/each (reduced by $50 each because I was buying 2)
Here is a break down of the prices of Ragdoll kittens that I have found:
- Pet (Alter) Quality – approximately USD$375- USD $850 (some breeders charge more for females due to the fact that spaying costs more than neutering, also some breeders will charge more for rare or non-traditional color patterns, like Torties , Creams, Lilacs and Flames)
- Show (Alter) Quality – approximately USD$600- USD $1000+
- Breeder Quality – approximately USD$1200- USD $1800+
- Show/Breeder Quality – approximately USD$1500- USD $1800+
To see an explanation of what each quality means, please visit Buying a Ragdoll cat.
How much did you pay for your Ragdoll kitten/cat? What year was it? Are you a breeder – do these prices pretty much match your ranges?
Really though – the question about Ragdoll Cat Price should ALSO include the total cost of a cat in 1 year’s time. A kitten can be quite expensive because of vaccinations and what not. A cat can still be expensive because of food, litter, vet bills, etc. Do you have an idea of what you budget for your kitty every year?
Category: Ragdoll Kittens
About the Author (Author Profile)Hi, I’m Jenny Dean, creator of Floppycats! Ever since my Aunt got the first Ragdoll cat in our family, I have loved the breed. Inspired by my childhood Ragdoll cat, Rags, I created Floppycats to connect, share and inspire other Ragdoll cat lovers around the world,
Sites That Link to this Post
- 10 Most Popular Posts on Floppycats.com in 2012 | December 31, 2012