We were contacted by MrChewy.com to see if we wanted to check out their site and order some food and then do a review about our experience.
To Order from MrChewy.com, simply go to their website:
Then click on “Cat Food” or just do a search for your cat food brand:
Once you have located it, then it is very simple to pick the quantity that you want:
Since my order wasn’t yet over the $49 threshold to get free shipping I ordered some treats to get me over the hump:
Then it was time to check out and pay up!
I placed the order on a Thursday night and got the product on Tuesday morning – NOT TOO SHABBY, especially when I didn’t pay for the shipping!
Pros of MrChewy.com:
- Free shipping on cat food and cat litter which is unheard of from the regular pet food online retailers – of course, you have to order at least $49 to get free shipping. That’s never hard for us!
- You can have your food shipped to you monthly – so you don’t have to worry about reordering. Thank you, autoship.
- They’re easy as heck to get a hold of – email, live chat or by phone. Just Call 1-800-MR-CHEWY 24/7
- They have A LOT of brands of cat food and cat litter and cat treats to choose from. Maybe some you have never heard of.
- Their prices are in general cheaper than Petco, Petstmart type prices – that might not hold true if you were to find them on sale or if you were to use a coupon with the sales price. But then when you factor in your lack of time involved in driving to the store, etc. it probably ends up being much cheaper in the long run.
Cons of MrChewy.com:
- Does not accept manufacturer’s coupons (YET?!)
- Does not sell cat food by the individual can, so you need to know what brand and flavors of cat food your kitty likes – unless you want to run the risk of ordering a case to see if your kitty likes it. (YET?!)
Mr. Chewy did tell me that they add new products daily and are looking to have some major announcements as far as our product line goes within the next two months.
Here’s the video I took when the box arrived – Caymus and Murphy actually got to open it:
Here’s the video review video that shows how to order on MrChewy.com:
Now for the Giveaway!
One lucky Floppycats reader will win a promo code for $25 worth of product from MrChewy.com!
This giveaway is limited to addresses in the continental USA.
If you’d like to enter for a chance to win a $25 promo code to use on MrChewy.com:
- leave a comment on this post telling us why you’d like to win a $25 promo code to use on MrChewy.com!
A random winner will be chosen in a drawing on March 1, 2012. The giveaway ends on Feb 29 at 11:59 Central Time.
Have you ordered from MrChewy.com? What did you think of the experience?
You may also like:
About the Author (Author Profile)Hi, I’m Jenny Dean, creator of Floppycats! Ever since my Aunt got the first Ragdoll cat in our family, I have loved the breed. Inspired by my childhood Ragdoll cat, Rags, I created Floppycats to connect, share and inspire other Ragdoll cat lovers around the world,
Sites That Link to this Post
- Winners of the Yeowww! Catnip Valentine’s Day Giveaway! | February 18, 2012