Is Your Cat Microchipped?
I am running this again because another reader asked, “Are Ragdolls sensitive to them or do they seem to be okay? My Ragdoll wears a collar, but I’m thinking about a microchip. I’m worried about it hurting her or causing a reaction. Do your cats have collars or microchips? Or both? Or neither?”
A reader wrote me the other day asking about microchipping. I don’t know too much about it, so I thought I would ask if your cat is microchipped and also, would love to know more details like:
- Why did you decide to microchip?
- How old is your cat and have you had any issues with the microchip?
- Would you do it again, why or why not?
- What microchip company did you decide to go with and why?
- Have you had to use the microchip?
- Where is the microchip on your cat’s body?
- What information is on the microchip exactly – like your address, phone #, vet’s #?
Please share your experiences in the comments’ section below.
Category: Health Care