Interview With Lisa Pomeroy Of Snickle Fritz Designs Etsy Shop
Lisa is a 26- year old Veterinary Technician. She is happily married, owns two boxers Hank and Harriet, and one cat named Scooter. In her free time she enjoys sewing and making dog and cat collars. She first began making collars for her own boxers Hank and Harriet. She was so fed up with paying an arm and a leg for super cute collars in the pet stores. With her habit of buying cute ones and her dogs destroying them just as fast, she thought…I should just make my own! And so here she is. Her shop is named after her beloved boxer Hank Williams Snickle Fritz (and later came Harriet Louise Bubble Fuss). Her boxers are her heart and soul and her love for animals is why she does this… So that everyone may express their love for their pet through purchasing that perfect collar that showcases their personality!
Etsy Shop: Snickle Fritz Designs
1. How did you get interested in cats? How old were you when you had your first kitty?
I have always owned cats. My mother loves cats and would always bring home stray kittens when I was growing up. I, at age 15, worked my first job at Cat Welfare here in town caring for all the abandoned cats of the surrounding areas. I soon decided that I wanted to go into animal medicine as an adult and worked my way up from Cat Welfare to a pet store clerk, then to an animal aid at a veterinary practice and then ended up in Veterinary Technician school at the local community collage. I am currently a vet tech at a local emergency and specialty refferal animal hospital in the Ophthalmology department full time and dabble in Emergency medicine on the weekends.
2. How did you discover Etsy? Did you consider other ways to sell your products?
A friend at work introduced me to Etsy when she was looking for a new collar for her dog on the website and for me it was love at first sight. I have always been crafty and I love animals. Etsy offers the best of both worlds!
4. Have you been successful at selling your products on Etsy? Have you always been successful, or did you end up getting a lot more traffic after being featured on a specific blog?
I started out slow, but last year I did really well. Things are so far this year going equally as well with the help of a select special fellow Etsians that throw business my way.
5. Do your customers ever give you new ideas for products?
6. Have you thought of featuring a Ragdoll cat is some way? (Had to ask.)
Lol, not really, but if you get any of your followers to buy my collars, I do have a Facebook page that I feature all my clients that send photos to me…
7. Are you a one wo/man show?
8. Do you have a blog?
Not currently, I work a lot of hours and barely have time to think these days let alone write it all out, maybe someday.
9. Do you do custom ordering? Can someone return it if they don’t care for it?
I do custom orders, I would except returns if someone did not like what they had ordered, I can always post it on Etsy for someone else to fall in love with.
10. Can you share a story with us behind any of your products that you especially enjoyed working on? Maybe because of the story behind the kitty?
Donna Lenz and her crazy Gatos! She is by far one of my most interesting clients. She also has an Etsy shop called Morgan’s beds. She always makes me laugh with her stories every time! My very first client also, her name is Molly, and she has been a mainstay in my crafting life. She always comes back and even challenges me more than I thought anyone could. I love both of these wonderful strong and caring women and all their furbabies!
Category: Recommended Products