Interview With Kristina Sabaite Of Krize Etsy Shop
My name is Kristina Sabaite. I was born in Kaunas (Lithuania) and I am 31 years old. I have studied art, advertisement, mass media technologies…but finally one day I decided to make my dream come true “illustrate childrens books”. Now I am living in a small town of Galicia (Tui) in the north of Spain with my husband and our dog Chino.
Etsy Shop: Krize
All answers are copyright of Kristina Sabaite.
1. How did you get interested in cats? How old were you when you had your first kitty?
I was a dog person till one day I met a cat of my now husband. I was used dogs who try to be your friends and to play with you…but this cat only looked at me without any interest and was always so proud of himself. And that day was the first day I fell in love with all cats…I think cats have stolen my heart..:) I never had a cat to myself, but I have many cats that came into my garden and I speak with them often 🙂
2. How did you discover Etsy? Did you consider other ways to sell your products?
I discovered Etsy thanks to my friend Claudia Moya (Mundogominola) . She helped me to open the shop and I found so many possibilities to show my work on Etsy. I also sell my products physically and on some physical and Internet stores.
3. Do you sell your products in a local store in your area?
Yes, I do in some local stores.
4. Have you been successful at selling your products on Etsy? Have you always been successful, or did you end up getting a lot more traffic after being featured on a specific blog?
The first year I had very few sales, but also I had only few products. When I made better photos and begin to listen often, to be featured on blogs, to join the groups on Etsy I got many traffic and more buyers.
5. Do your customers ever give you new ideas for products?
Yes sometimes they do and it is much appreciated! They write me about a product in other color or something different they like and it very funny to make these custom orders for people.
6. Have you thought of featuring a Ragdoll cat is some way? (Had to ask.)
Maybe, who knows! 🙂
7. Are you a one wo/man show?
I work alone. I love the idea that everything I make is made by me, so I am really the author. I do not want to be a mass producer, because like this the handmade idea changes. I like to work slowly, to make every peace exclusively for the buyer, because like this every peace is different.
8. Do you have a blog?
Yes I have a blog and I’d love it if you’d visit! I write little stories for my own illustrations: http://kristinasabaite.blogspot.com/
9. Do you do custom ordering? Can someone return it if they don’t care for it?
Yes, I love custom orders. It´s always something new. I always try to make photos of the custom order, so people can look how it looks. It is sad if after the owner wants to return it, because you have spend time and effort making it.
10. Can you share a story with us behind any of your products that you especially enjoyed working on? Maybe becouse of the story behind the kitty?
I have a special story with this illustration. It is an “image” of my Etsy shop and was my first item. This illustration describes my shop and what I want to show at my shop. I always smile, when I look at these two cats with two hearts. I think that many of us (persons) try to hide our hearts, so no one can hurt us. These two cats have their hearts outside (not inside like us) and they are happy. I wanted to invite the people to liberate their hearts, to be a little childish, a little less serious, and a little different. Wanna join? 😉
Category: Recommended Products