Floppycat of the Week Submission Guidelines
You might have noticed that we have a Ragdoll of the Week on Floppycats.com. We know that not every Floppycats.com reader has a Ragdoll cat. And we’re not Ragdoll cat exclusive, so we wanted to start a Floppycat of the Week so that readers that don’t have Ragdolls could share their kitties too! Or readers that do have Ragdolls and other kinds of kitties, could share their whole house of kitties individually.
If you are interested in submitting your kitty as Floppycat of the Week, we welcome you to share stories and photos of your kitty with us and Floppycats.com readers.
Please note: The only limitation for Floppycat of the Week submissions is that your kitty needs to be at least 1 year old. If you’re kitty has passed (has died) s/he is still welcome!
If you would like to submit your kitty as the Floppycat of the Week, please send:
- At least a 500-word story (500 words is about 1 full page on Microsoft Word) Please note: You are NOT limited to 500 words – you are welcome to submit a story of 4,000 words, for example. I just require the minimum of 500 words.
- 3-8 images of your kitty (appropriate to the story makes it more fun!) to jenny [at] floppycats.com
Some readers can immediately write 500 words, whereas others struggle to know what to share. Here are some questions that might help you come up with a longer story. You can incorporate the answers to the questions below to help you come up with material:
- How you got your Ragdoll – was it rescued or from a breeder?
- If you got your kitty from a breeder, who was it and would you recommend them?
- How did you become interested in Ragdolls?
- How old is your kitty? When was your kitty born? Have you had your kitty its entire life? In other words, since s/he was a kitten?
- What does your kitty like to do? Or not like to do?
- Is your kitty on YouTube? Share a link to his or her channel with us!
- How did your kitty get his or her name?
- Do you recommend any food, toys, beds, etc. to other Ragdoll owners because your kitty loves them so?
Please Note: Floppycats.com can only accept original content ONLY – so if you have your kitty’s story on another website, for example, you will need to submit a unique version of it here.
The reason for the 500-word story is because people love stories behind photos and want to know the similarities between your kitty’s story and theirs. The more you share, the better the responses.
Please send complete story and 5-8 story related photos all in ONE email to info [at] floppycats [dot] com.
If you’d like to have your cat featured, please know we look for photos that are close-up portraits of excellent quality, in sharp, clear focus and without flashbulb effects. Also note, you must own the copyright to any photos you submit or provide the appropriate copyright info and permissions from the person that does.
Please do not embed your photos into a Word document and submit them that way – unfortunately, we have no way of extracting from the Word doc, so we will have to email you back to get the photos individually. Rather, please attach each item individually in one email.
To send multiple photos via your iPhone – go to “Photos” and then go to the Album where the needed photos are. Then click “Edit” in the upper right hand corner, select the photos you’d like to send (you can’t send more than 5 at once, so be sure to limit it to 5). And then click on “Share” – then click on “Mail” and add our email address: info [at] floppycats.com.
Not sure if you should participate or don’t know if you want to? If you have additional questions, just let us know!
Category: Floppycat of the Week