AlphaPooch™ Siesta Cat Bowl Review
Original review was published on Nov 30, 2010
May 27, 2014 Update! After almost 4 years, this Alphapurr Siesta Cat Bowl Cat Bed is still going strong. I have put it through the washing machine and on the “air dry” cycle in the dryer countless times. The cats still love it and get in it every day. As I type this, Charlie is snoozing away in it. I like it too because it’s a great catch all for all their catnip toys. When I am vacuuming, I just toss them into this bed, and then the cats can fish them out again if they’d like. Charlie will still knead on it, so the cushiony aspect has remained as well. All in all a great round cat bed.
AlphaPooch™ is a newer company and their product line was inspired by Unreal Lambskin™, which the Siesta Cat Bowl is made out of. So, I contacted them and asked if they’d be willing to send us a Siesta Cat Bowl to review – they were very excited to do so!
So, when we first got it, both cats were immediately interested and Charlie liked it for how cushiony it was – he immediately got in it and started kneading, which is what Charlie man loves to do on big comfy beds.
However, Trigg has now claimed it as his. He is gets in it every night – after I have gone to bed and then sleeps in it during the day.
The Siesta Cat Bowl comes in three lovely colors:
Why I like the Siesta Cat Bowl from AlphaPooch™:
- It’s comfy – wish they made it in my size!
- It’s available in two sizes (small and medium)
- It features the plush Unreal Lambskin™ all around it.
- There is a removable round bed that can be machine washed in the center of the bed.
- The bed has tall sides, so it is great for large cats too.
- My cats love to “nest” and they can do that because of the round cozy nest structure it provides.
- My cats both like it!
You can order the Siesta through Amazon.com – it’s just $36.99 + $8.39 shipping.
Here’s a video I captured of Trigg hanging out in the bed in the middle of the day – as it has gotten colder in Kansas City, he seems to be doing this a little more frequently!
UPDATE! December 3, 2010
You may also like:
About the Author (Author Profile)Hi, I’m Jenny Dean, creator of Floppycats! Ever since my Aunt got the first Ragdoll cat in our family, I have loved the breed. Inspired by my childhood Ragdoll cat, Rags, I created Floppycats to connect, share and inspire other Ragdoll cat lovers around the world,
Sites That Link to this Post
- Favorite Cat Products We Were Sent To Review in 2010! | April 15, 2011
- September 2012 Floppycats.com Giveaway: AlphaPooch Siesta Cat Bowl | September 1, 2012
- AlphaPooch Siesta Cat Bowl in Natural Review | November 27, 2012